The people of Tyler may be a proud bunch of East Texans, but even that cannot prevent you from being injured in a way that may adversely affect your life in a significant way. A serious injury can take a toll on:
- Your finances
- Your physical health
- Your mental and emotional health
- Your overall quality of life
You may be entitled to compensation to help cover these losses if somebody acted or failed to act in a way that contributed to you becoming injured. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 to find out how a personal injury lawyer serving Tyler may be able to fight for you.
Everybody Has a Duty to Consider Others’ Safety
Injuries are tricky in that they:
- May happen in virtually any setting
- May occur no matter how careful you try to be
- Can result from activities that you have conducted countless times previously without incident
This means that an injury may happen in a setting that is familiar, or even one where you feel safest. This can include:
- Your place of work
- Your place of residence, or the residents of a friend or relative
- A business that you visit on a regular basis
- A road that your travel on routinely
- A public street or sidewalk that you have walked or jogged on countless times before without being injured
Circumstances and surroundings may be in a constant state of change, which is why those who live, work in and visit Tyler have a responsibility to act in a way that consistently keeps others’ safety in mind. When somebody fails to act in a safe way, or take actions that could prevent somebody from suffering from a foreseeable source of harm, then they may be found negligent in a civil court.
All Practice Areas we serve in Tyler
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bite
- DWI Accidents
- Oilfield Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Brain Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Tyler, call 800-777-7777
A Lawyer Can Help You Seek Worker’s Compensation or Bring a Lawsuit
It is possible that an injury can come in the workplace, and Tyler’s list of employment sectors provided by the Tyler Economic Development Council (TEDC) include several that could plausibly result in injury, including:
- Meat processing
- Oil refining
- Industrial manufacturing
If you were not injured in a workplace accident, you may choose to pursue compensation through a lawsuit. Some accident types that may justify you bringing a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit include:
- A slip and fall accident
- A trip and fall accident
- A car accident, including one that involves a drunk driver
- A truck accident
- A pedestrian accident
- A medical malpractice incident
- An accident involving one or more animals
Whether your injuries or the death of a loved one arose from any of the above circumstances or another type of accident not listed here, you could be eligible to collect compensation through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. A Tyler personal injury lawyer could help you pursue such a lawsuit.
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation about beginning the process of a lawsuit.
Tyler Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
A Lawyer’s Role in Your Tyler Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you decide that it is in your interest to bring a lawsuit against one or more parties, a lawyer could play a prominent role in moving your lawsuit to the finish line. While you may play an active role in providing preliminary information to your lawyer, an attorney may be able to take on the primary load of pursuing compensation on your behalf.
Some of the duties of your attorney may include:
- Reaching out to your doctors to acquire documentation for your injuries and any other health records that could aid your case for awards
- Conducting independent investigation into your accident, gathering any documented evidence that could be used in your lawsuit
- Creating and filing all of the paperwork that will be required for your lawsuit to reach a completion
- Corresponding with the judge, defense attorney, and any other participants in your lawsuit as necessary
- Negotiating a settlement agreement that could help you obtain compensation without going to trial
- If no settlement agreement is available, representing you through a trial
- Calculating the compensation that you deserve and fighting for awards either through a settlement or trial
- Protecting your rights
The outcome of your lawsuit could hinge on your lawyer’s ability to prove negligence, as explained by the American Bar Association (ABA). In order to show that the defendant acted negligently, your lawyer may:
- Establish that the defendant owed you a duty of care
The duty of care may state that the defendant was compelled to act responsibly in preventing you from any foreseeable risk of harm.
- Show that the defendant breached their duty of care
A defendant can breach their duty of care in a number of ways, which may depend on the specific details of your case.
- Establish a link between your injuries and the onset of your injuries
This stage may be referred to as “causation”, as it requires your lawyer to prove that the defendant in your lawsuit caused your injuries.
After completing these steps, your lawyer may present their calculation of the damages they believe that you are entitled to. Compensation you could collect may include coverage for:
- Lost income caused by your injury
- Medical expenses related to your injury
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
You may be able to collect additional damages and may be awarded a different set of damages if you are bringing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a loved one.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call Our Team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Speaking with a Tyler personal injury lawyer may help you understand your paths to pursue any compensation that you are entitled to. Call in the Strong Arm, call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation.