Taxicab drivers should be better drivers than the rest of us. After all, passengers trust them for safe transportation around the city. Unfortunately, taxicab drivers may drive irresponsibly at times. Whether they feel pressure to squeeze more trips into their shifts or simply use poor judgment, taxi drivers can make driving mistakes that lead to serious accidents.
You may be entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault driver after an accident with a taxicab. Pursuing damages alone may feel daunting, especially when recovering from your injuries. A Fort Worth taxicab accident lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you recover damages for medical bills, lost income, and more.
Who Is at Fault in a Taxicab Accident in Fort Worth?
All drivers, including taxi drivers, should drive safely and avoid placing others at risk. Drivers who do put others at risk commit negligence. If their negligence causes an accident, they can be held liable for the accident and responsible for related expenses. Some of the most common types of driving negligence include:
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Texting or talking on the phone while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Falling asleep at the wheel
Figuring out who was at fault in a taxicab accident in Fort Worth can be tricky. Even if you did nothing wrong, the other driver could try to blame you for the accident. Police may investigate the accident, but your lawyer can conduct an independent investigation looking for evidence of negligence by the taxicab driver. Our lawyers will advocate for your rights.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Fort Worth Taxicab Drivers Should Carry Liability Insurance
According to the Texas Department of Insurance, Texas drivers must prove that they can pay for an accident that they cause. Most drivers do this by purchasing liability insurance. The minimum liability insurance requirements in Texas are:
- $30,000 for injuries per person covering up to $60,000 per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
If you were hit by taxicab in Fort Worth, your damages could be covered by the company’s insurance. Our lawyer can help you demonstrate that the taxi driver was at fault and file a claim with his insurance provider.
Recovering Damages After a Taxicab Accident in Fort Worth
Damages vary from case to case depending on:
- The severity of your injuries
- Their impact on your quality of life
- The length of your recovery, and more
Our lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins will use evidence to estimate how much your damages are worth. We may collect evidence such as medical bills and records, pictures of your injuries and the accident, past wage statements, and more to determine the value of your damages. You may be able to recover:
Economic Damages in a Taxicab Accident Case
Economic damages provide compensation for tangible losses such as:
- Medical bills including emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging, surgery, follow-up appointments, rehabilitative therapy, medication, and more
- Future medical bills for upcoming treatments or ongoing care
- Property damage for the repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Lost income for unpaid time off work now and in the future
Non-Economic Damages in a Taxicab Accident Case
Non-economic damages provide compensation for intangible losses such as:
- Lengthy recovery
- Chronic pain
- Loss of a limb or other body part
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, insomnia, and more
- Inability to participate in hobbies or activities you once enjoyed
- Overall reduction in your quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages in a Taxicab Accident Case
If you lost a loved one in a taxicab accident, you might be able to recover damages for:
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of care, maintenance, services, support, advice, and counsel
- Loss of companionship, comfort, and society
- Mental pain and anguish experienced by surviving family members
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Working with a Lawyer May Help Your Case
Working with a lawyer may help your taxicab accident case in many ways, including reducing your stress. Pursuing damages from the at-fault driver can be tedious, requiring you to track down paperwork like police reports, medical records from multiple healthcare providers, copies of your vehicle repair bills, and more.
Our team can take over these tasks and more so you can focus on healing. Here’s how we can help:
- Investigate your accident: Our lawyer will gather evidence such as police reports, traffic camera footage, pictures of the scene, toxicology reports, and more to show that the other driver caused your accident.
- Handle the insurance process: Our lawyer will submit an insurance claim and supporting documents, communicate with the insurance company on your behalf, and negotiate a settlement.
- Sue the taxicab driver: If we cannot reach an out-of-court agreement, we will file a lawsuit against the taxicab driver who caused your accident.
How Much Time do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
You don’t have forever to file a lawsuit after a taxicab accident in Fort Worth. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 sets the statute of limitations for both personal injury and wrongful death at two years. This law means that you and your lawyer have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. You would also have two years from the date your loved one passed away to file a lawsuit for wrongful death.
Our lawyer will evaluate your case and inform you of how this deadline applies to you. We will make sure that you take legal action against the liable party before time runs out.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Can Represent You in a Taxicab Accident Case
If you were hurt or lost a family member in a taxicab accident in Fort Worth, you may be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost wages, and more. Our lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins is ready to help you get the compensation you need.
Call (877) 239-4878 for your free case consultation. We work on contingency, so you pay nothing unless we win your case. Call in the Strong Arm today! You might wonder if getting a lawyer for a car accident is worth it. Our team’s knowledge and resources can benefit your case.