Figuring out the liable party, calculating your damages, and dealing with insurance companies can be complicated after an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can execute these tasks for you, among many others. Our Fort Worth Uber and Lyft rideshare car accident lawyer knows how to handle auto accidents involving rideshare vehicles.
We serve 7,000 personal injury clients a year. With eight locations throughout Texas, we have the skills, experience, and resources you want to recoup your losses. When you need help resolving a personal injury case, call in the Strong Arm. Our law firm provides free case consultations for victims. We will review your case and discuss how we can hold the at-fault driver or rideshare company responsible.
The Time Limit for Filing Your Lawsuit in Texas
Also known as the statute of limitations, Texas sets a mandated deadline for injury victims or their family members to file lawsuits. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you typically have two years to take legal action. If you wait too long to file suit, the court might not hear your case.
This two-year deadline also applies to surviving family members who wish to file a wrongful death lawsuit if they lost their loved one in a rideshare accident. The Fort Worth lawyers at our firm represent these types of cases.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Forms of Damages You Can Recover Following a Fort Worth Rideshare Accident
Our ultimate goal is to secure the compensation you are entitled to receive. Some recoverable damages in your case could include:
- Lost income if you can’t go to work
- Reduced earning capacity if you won’t be able to return to work in the near or distant future
- Medical expenses if you needed emergency and ongoing medical treatment due to your condition
- Other out-of-pocket expenses if you need assistance around the house or running errands
- Pain and suffering for the impact of your injuries on your quality of life
- Mental anguish if your injuries have taken a toll on your mental health
- Disability and disfigurement if you lost a limb or there is a change in your appearance
- Wrongful death-related damages, if you need to cover your late loved one’s funeral service and burial, medical bills, and pain and suffering, as well as your loss of support, companionship, and consortium
Leave it to our lawyer to assess your damages and determine how they have affected your life. They can use this information to calculate the range of your losses and negotiate with the insurance company for a fair payout.
Getting to Work on Your Uber or Lyft Rideshare Accident Case
We aim to recover compensation for your losses in the aftermath of a rideshare accident in Fort Worth. On your behalf, we can:
- Gather photos and video surveillance of the accident and your injuries
- Interview witnesses to the accident
- Consult with medical professionals and accident reconstruction analysts
- Obtain the crash report
- Determine and name the liable party
- Review the applicable insurance policies
- Manage all communications, including phone calls, emails, texts, and meetings
- Negotiate a settlement
- Comply with state-mandated deadlines
- Take your case to trial, if need be
We Also Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
After looking at all these services, you might be concerned about how you’ll be able to afford our help. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we understand that you’re in a tough spot financially, so we will take your case on a contingency-fee basis. This arrangement does not require you to pay us any up-front fees or retainers.
Instead, we will subtract our payment from your total compensatory award. You don’t owe us anything if we can’t win for you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Uber and Lyft’s Insurance Policies Can Affect Your Recovery
Many victims find one of the most difficult parts of navigating the claims process is determining which insurance policy is in effect at the time of the crash. Our rideshare accident lawyers know how insurance coverage works in these collisions. We can determine which policy was in effect and your options for pursuing compensation.
Whether the rideshare company’s insurance provider covers you depends on the status of the rideshare driver.
- If the driver’s app was offline, you would file a claim with no regard to the ridesharing aspect of your case. This means pursuing a case based on the Uber driver’s personal policy.
- If the driver was waiting for a match, third-party liability insurance will cover you (e.g., $50,000 in bodily injury for each person, etc.). This is a contingency policy in the event that the driver’s policy refuses to pay.
- If the driver was on their way to pick someone up or in the middle of a ride, you can get up to $1,000,000 in third-party liability insurance coverage.
Just because the coverage is available does not mean it is easy to get the insurance company to pay you what you deserve, though. Sometimes, even a large liability policy might not be enough to cover all your expenses. Our team can help. We will explain your legal options and seek fair compensation based on your expenses and losses.
We Can Find Out the Cause of Your Accident
When we are on the road, we expect everyone’s top priority to be everyone else’s safety. Unfortunately, some people do not uphold this standard and cause accidents. Rideshare drivers are no exception, as they could be guilty of:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Violating other traffic laws that cause collisions
Alternatively, other parties could have been at fault for the rideshare accident, such as a government entity or another driver. In other instances, more than one party could have contributed to the accident.
Comparative Negligence Laws
Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001, the state operates on a comparative negligence system. Therefore, if you hold less than 50% fault for the accident, then you can still receive compensation. However, depending on your portion of the blame, your total award will be reduced.
You do not need to worry about this when we manage your case. Our attorneys work to minimize the effect any allegations of wrongdoing have on your claim and seek fair compensation based on the case facts. Our attorneys know how the laws work and how to use them to support our client’s best interests. We fight for justice and pursue a payout that ensures you do not have to pay for future care or other losses out of your pocket.
Call in the Strong Arm to Help You Take Legal Action
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we have secured millions in settlements and verdicts in both personal injury and wrongful death cases. Now, our rideshare lawyers in Fort Worth will advocate for you while you recover from the accident.
To learn more, reach out to us today. You will receive a complimentary, no-obligation case assessment when you call.