We understand that an accident can upend your life. If you were hurt in an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, we can help you seek the compensation you need to recover. Our legal team handles all types of auto accident claims and lawsuits, including rideshare collisions.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we offer free case reviews, and there is no cost to get started. You don’t have to be alone in your Uber or Lyft case – a rideshare accident lawyer from our Wichita Falls car accident team can be on your side.
How Much Could My Case Be Worth?
You may be facing serious harm to your health and life after an accident. We can help you seek many forms of compensation available in your case, which may include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Other expenses and losses
Compensation for your medical care could reflect anything you spent on health care related to the accident, including the emergency room visit, any necessary surgeries, physical therapy, medication, and more. If an accident affected your ability to work and earn a living, you could seek compensation for lost income, as well as your future ability to earn wages.
Other forms of intangible losses could also be part of your case value, such as pain and suffering. These losses attempt to compensate you for the pain and life challenges you faced due to the accident. We can tell you how much your case may be worth once we investigate these losses in your case.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Understanding What Uber and Lyft’s Insurance Covers
If you were a passenger in an Uber accident or hit by an Uber driver, you may be able to file a claim through Uber’s insurance policy. Our personal injury attorneys can provide legal representation and seek damages on your behalf.
However, Uber and Lyft accidents are often complicated – partly because of how liability works in these kinds of accidents. Rideshare drivers are independent contractors, so the companies are not held responsible in the same way a taxi or trucking company might be. This is also because of how rideshare companies structure their driver’s coverages.
- Maximum coverage from Uber or Lyft applies when one of the company’s drivers causes an accident while actively assigned to or shuttling a passenger. This can be up to $1 million in third-party liability coverage, according to Uber and Lyft.
- Mid-level coverage from Uber or Lyft applies when the company’s driver causes an accident while they are on duty but waiting for a ride request. This includes up to $50,000 in bodily injury per person and $25,000 in property damage.
These details can be difficult to sort out on your own. We can determine what Uber’s or Lyft’s policy covers based on the details of your case.
When Uber and Lyft’s Coverage Does Not Apply
Unfortunately, if a rideshare driver wasn’t actively working for Uber or Lyft when the accident happened, you may be unable to seek compensation through Uber or Lyft’s policy. The driver’s personal auto insurance applies when they are not actively logged into the app.
However, if the driver’s own auto insurance doesn’t meet your needs for financial recovery, we may be able to file a lawsuit to seek additional compensation. Ridesharing accident injury settlements and accident lawsuits are more common than many people realize. Our attorneys know how to deal with these companies, their insurance carriers, and other necessary steps in the claims process.
How Will a Lawyer Help Me with My Case?
You don’t have to determine liability, figure out Uber or Lyft’s insurance policies, or prove your losses to an insurance adjuster. We can use our experience with Wichita Falls rideshare accident cases to seek the best possible compensation for you.
When we manage your case, we will:
- Build compelling evidence for your case. This includes a full investigation of your accident. If we need to gather expert testimony to demonstrate the seriousness of your injuries or how the accident happened, we can do so. We have the resources, knowledge, and experience to develop a strong argument for compensation.
- Determine liability. Assessing who is responsible for paying for your accident is important. We will be sure that the correct party is held liable.
- Negotiate your settlement for you. We will seek every dollar available in your case, including past, present, and future losses. Our attorneys use proven negotiation techniques to seek and secure strong payouts for our clients based on their case facts.
- Take your case to court if necessary. If the insurer won’t agree to a fair settlement, we can take your case to trial and ask a judge or jury to award just compensation based on the case facts.
No matter how challenging your case may be, we can help you seek the money you need to get better after an accident.
Potential Complications with Your Claim or Lawsuit – and How We Can Help
We would like to be able to say that all insurance cases are smooth and straightforward, but you could run into a number of complications.
- The insurer may try to claim that you were more responsible for the accident than you were
- They may claim that you were responsible for your own injuries – or made them worse
- They may look into your social media accounts and use statements you made online to hurt your claim
We hope that you don’t have to run into these or other unfair insurance tactics. However, we can help you handle any issues with an insurer.
You can leave all the necessary conversations with insurance companies to us.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
There Is a Deadline to File Suit in Texas
While you consider your legal options, keep in mind that you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have up to two years to do so. This time limit may seem like you can wait to hire a lawyer and go to work on your legal case, but this is not a good idea. There are many reasons why getting started as soon as your injuries allow will benefit your case.
When our accident attorney represents you, we will ensure you understand any exceptions to this time limit. We can help you meet any important deadlines in your case and file on time if your case warrants a lawsuit.
Call in the Strong Arm for Help with Your Rideshare Accident
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can help you with your case in Wichita Falls and across Texas —and we want to bring the range of our experience to help you with your case.
Our commitment to you means that we will:
- Meet virtually if you cannot come to our offices
- Keep you in the loop about development in your case
- Take your call anytime, day or night
Your Free Case Review Is Available Now
When you call us, you can ask us more about how rideshare accident cases work and how much your case may be worth.
You don’t have to be alone in your case with an Uber or Lyft driver – one of our lawyers in Wichita Falls can help. Get help today when you call or complete our free case evaluation form.