We understand that an accident can upend your life. If you were hurt in an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, we can help you seek the compensation you need to recover.
We offer free case reviews, and there is no cost to get started. You don’t have to be alone in your Uber or Lyft case – a rideshare accident lawyer from our Wichita Falls team can be on your side.
How Much Could My Case Be Worth?
You may be facing serious harm to your health and life after an accident. We can help you seek many forms of compensation available in your case, which may include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Compensation for your medical bills could reflect anything you spent on health care related to the accident, including the emergency room visit, any necessary surgeries, physical therapy, medication, and more. If an accident affected your ability to work and earn a living, you could seek compensation for lost income, as well as your future ability to earn wages.
Other forms of intangible losses could also be part of your case value, such as pain and suffering. These losses attempt to compensate you for the pain and life challenges you faced due to the accident. We can tell you how much your case may be worth once we investigate these losses in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents lawyer serving Wichita Falls, call 877-239-4878
Understanding What Uber and Lyft’s Insurance Covers
If you were a passenger in an Uber accident or you were hit by an Uber driver, you may be able to file a claim through Uber’s insurance policy.
However, Uber and Lyft accidents are often complicated – partly because of the way liability works in these kinds of accidents. This is also because of the way rideshare companies structure their driver’s coverages.
- Maximum coverage from Uber or Lyft applies when one of the company’s drivers causes an accident while they are actively shuttling a passenger. This can be up to $1 million in third-party liability coverage, according to Uber and Lyft.
- Mid-level coverage from Uber or Lyft applies when the company’s driver causes an accident while they were on duty, but waiting for a ride request. This includes up to $50,000 in bodily injury per person and $25,000 in property damage.
These details can be difficult to sort out on your own. We can determine what Uber’s or Lyft’s policy covers based on the details of your case.
When Uber and Lyft’s Coverage does Not Apply
Unfortunately, if a rideshare driver wasn’t actively working for Uber or Lyft when the accident happened, you may not be able to seek compensation through Uber or Lyft’s policy. The driver’s personal auto insurance applies when they were not actively logged into the app.
However, if the driver’s own auto insurance doesn’t meet your needs for financial recovery, we may be able to file a lawsuit to seek additional compensation.
Wichita Falls Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How Will a Lawyer Help Me with My Case?
You don’t have to determine liability, figure out Uber or Lyft’s insurance policies, or prove your losses to an insurance adjuster. We can use our experience with Wichita Falls rideshare accident cases to seek the best possible compensation for you.
- Build compelling evidence for your case. This includes a full investigation of your accident. If we need to gather expert testimony to demonstrate the seriousness of your injuries or how the accident happened, we can do so.
- Determine liability. Assessing who is responsible for paying for your accident is important. We will be sure that the correct party is held liable.
- Negotiate your settlement for you. We will seek every dollar available in your case, including past, present, and future losses.
- Take your case to court if necessary. If the insurer won’t agree to a fair settlement, we can take your case to court.
No matter how challenging your case may be, we can help you seek the money you need to get better after an accident.
Potential Complications with Your Claim or Lawsuit – and How We Can Help
We would like to be able to say that all insurance cases are smooth and straightforward, but you could run into a number of complications.
- The insurer may try to claim that you were more responsible for the accident than you were.
- They may claim that you were responsible for your own injuries – or made them worse.
- They may look into your social media accounts and use statements you made online to hurt your claim.
We hope that you don’t have to run into these or other unfair insurance tactics. However, we can help you handle any issues with an insurer.
You can leave all the necessary conversations with insurance companies to us.
Contact our Wichita Falls Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorneys today
There Is a Deadline to File Suit in Texas
While you consider your legal options, keep in mind that you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have up to two years to do so.
We can help you meet any important deadlines in your case and file on time if your case warrants a lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm for Help with Your Rideshare Accident
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can help you with your case in Wichita Falls and across Texas —and we want to bring the range of our experience to help you with your case.
Our commitment to you means that we will:
- Meet you in any city or town in Texas, if your injuries restrict your mobility
- Keep you in the loop about development in your case
- Take your call anytime, day or night
Your Free Case Review Is Available Now
When you call us, you can ask us more about how rideshare accident cases work and how much your case may be worth.
You don’t have to be alone in your case with an Uber or Lyft driver – one of our lawyers in Wichita Falls can help. Get help today when you call for free at (877) 239-4878.