If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a boating accident, our legal team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you seek compensation from those responsible. Our Fort Worth personal injury lawyers can investigate your boat crash, determine the liable parties, and pursue a fair financial recovery, so you and your family are not burdened with the costs of an accident you did not cause.
Our full-service law firm has advocated for thousands of injured Texans, so we know the stress and difficulties our clients face. We are here to guide you through every step of your boating accident claim or lawsuit. You do not have to fight for economic justice alone. Call in the Strong Arm, and let a Fort Worth boating accident lawyer stand up for your rights and protect your financial future.
You Can Seek Boating Accident Damages From a Negligent Party
You can pursue financial compensation for injuries and damages caused by another party’s reckless, careless, or wrongful actions. Therefore, if you or your loved one suffered physical harm or monetary losses because of a negligent boat operator or other at-fault party, we can help you seek the money you need to get back on your feet.
While every personal injury claim or lawsuit is unique, in general, our Forth Worth, TX boat crash attorneys can seek financial awards for the following:
- Medical expenses. We can seek the cost of your current and future accident-related medical care, including emergency transportation and services, surgeries, hospitalizations, medical equipment, prescription drugs, physical therapy, and long-term nursing.
- Lost wages, benefits, and earnings. We can pursue back pay and other income lost due to your injuries and recovery. If you sustained a permanent or disabling injury that prevents you from working, we can seek compensation for your lost earning potential.
- Personal property damages. We can seek the cost of repairing or replacing your boat or personal watercraft. We can also seek compensation for other damaged personal items like stereos, cell phones, and navigation equipment.
- Pain and suffering. A severe injury causes more than just monetary losses. You deserve compensation for physical and chronic pain, loss of mobility, scarring, disfigurement, mental and emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, and reduced quality of life.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury in a Fort Worth boating accident, our wrongful death lawyers can pursue awards for their estate and family. Compensation may include medical bills, funeral and burial costs, loss of the decedent’s income and financial support, loss of the decedent’s services and companionship, and survivors’ mental and emotional pain and suffering.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Forth Worth Boating Accident Lawyers Can Explain Your Legal Options
Texas law does not require boat operators to carry liability insurance, though some choose to do so, or their lender mandates it. We can begin your case with an insurance claim if your boating accident involved an insured operator. However, if the operator is not insured, we must look for other ways to recover your losses.
Our boat accident lawyers serving Fort Worth can review your case and advise you of your options for seeking damages, which may include one or more of the following:
- Med Pay or Personal Injury Protection (PIP). If you have boat insurance, your policy may provide medical coverage for you and your injured passengers, regardless of who is at fault for the wreck. We can review any applicable policies you hold and pursue the compensation available to you.
- Civil court action. If the liable party does not have liability insurance (or the insurance company refuses to compensate you fairly), we can sue for damages.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Will Work to Prove Negligence Caused Your Boating Crash
To win your boating accident case, our Fort Worth attorneys must prove that another party’s negligence caused the accident, your injuries, and your resulting financial losses. Depending on the circumstances of your crash, liable parties may include the operator of the boat you were on, the operator of another vessel, or a vessel or boating equipment manufacturer.
According to the United States Coast Guard, the top ten causes of recreational boating accidents are:
- Operator inattention
- Operator inexperience
- Improper lookout
- Excessive speeds
- Mechanical failure
- Violation of navigation rules
- Hazardous waters
- The force of a wake or wave
We Will Investigate Your Accident and Build Your Case Using Evidence
Our Fort Worth boating accident lawyers can investigate your wreck and build a case establishing your right to financial compensation. The evidence we collect may include the following:
- Boating accident police reports
- Eyewitness accounts
- Information about the crash site (Was there a posted speed limit, a no-wake sign, or something in the water that should not have been?)
- Photographs of your injuries and vessel damages
- Medical records
- Available cell phone, surveillance, or boat dashcam footage
- Information about the other boat operator involved (Were they drinking? Did they take a boat safety course, as required by the Water Safety Act for anyone born on or after September 1, 1993?)
- Testimony from crash reconstructionists and other case experts, if needed
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Long Do You Have to Seek Compensation After a Boating Collision in Fort Worth?
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have two years from the date of your boat accident to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Texas. The court will likely dismiss your suit if you do not file your case within the deadline.
If an insurance claim is possible in your case, our attorneys will aggressively negotiate for fair compensation. However, if we cannot reach an agreement, we must pursue a lawsuit before the statute of limitation expires, or you could receive a lowball settlement or a denied claim with no legal recourse.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a Free Boating Accident Case Consultation
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to schedule a risk-free, no-cost consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to take your call and help you get started. We serve personal injury clients on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay no upfront or out-of-pocket fees unless and until we obtain compensation.