Were you or a loved one involved in a truck accident that you believe another party caused? You may have a compensation case. One of our Corpus Christi truck accident lawyers can help you out. They can perform an investigation into the crash to find out who the liable party is and what damages you may be eligible to recover.
You may have sustained severe injuries and/or cannot drive your car due to the damage incurred. We do not want you to undergo further stress. So, if we determine you have a case, we will gladly take all the legal work off your shoulders. This way, you can focus on resting and recovering. You should not feel responsible for representing yourself after experiencing a preventable accident.
There Are Deadlines That Could Affect Your Case
Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, victims of truck crashes typically only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. You could take this legal action against the liable party or their insurance company.
This may seem like plenty of time, but it isn’t. Consider all the work there is to accomplish for you to have a robust case.
Negotiations With Insurance Companies May Be Unsuccessful
Your lawyer may succeed in settlement negotiations with an insurance adjuster and not have to take your case to court. However, the insurer could refuse to pay you the compensation you deserve, extending the process. If this happens, your lawyer would go to court for you and continue building your case.
Our lawyers can file your claim soon after your Corpus Christi accident if we cannot achieve a fair settlement. It is not ideal for a legal professional to have little time before the statute of limitations expires to make your case.
They must have as much time as they need to gather evidence, obtain vital documentation, and interview witnesses. We want to attain the settlement or court award you are entitled to.
In Cases of Wrongful Death
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, the same statute applies to your case. In a wrongful death case, your family may be able to recover compensation. The following are all compensable losses:
- Funeral and burial costs
- The loss of your deceased loved one’s income
- The loss of companionship/guidance
We know that no monetary award can bring a beloved family member back. However, easing the financial burden can help during this difficult time.
All Practice Areas we serve in Corpus Christi
- Rental Truck Accidents
- Tow Truck Accidents
- Blind Spot Truck Accidents
- Texting Garbage Truck Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Delivery Van Accidents
- Moving Truck Accidents
- Blind Spot Truck Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 877-239-4878
How Exactly Will a Truck Accident Lawyer From Loncar Lyon Jenkins Assist Me?
We are here to step in after you have unnecessarily suffered injuries due to a negligent party’s action or inaction. Your main priority right now is healing. It is our job to take on the work that potentially leads to compensation.
Some of the ways we work for you include:
- Identifying the liable party
- Filing your claim
- Negotiating with a claims adjuster if necessary
- Taking the case to court if negotiating fails
- Making in-court appearances for you
- Ordering the police report
- Collecting evidence, including photographs, traffic/surveillance camera footage (if available), black box data, and more
- Taking witness’s statements
- Managing communications with the insurance companies, legal teams, and anyone else involved
- Assessing and calculating your losses
- Defending your rights
- Hiring an accident reconstructionist and/or medical expert
You will receive frequent updates regarding the case’s progress. You will never have to wonder about the status of your case and how your future looks. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or want to know where your case is at.
Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Common Damages in a Truck Accident That You Could Recover
You may qualify to collect an abundance of damages after your Corpus Christi truck accident. One of our lawyers can figure out what economic and non-economic damages you are owed. Typical damages in a truck accident look like this:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical expenses (past, current, and future)
- Lost wages/diminished earnings
- Loss of pleasure in life
- Damage to your vehicle that requires repair or replacement
- Temporary/permanent disability
- Physical therapy
We will advocate for you and fight for the recovery you and your family deserve following an auto accident rooted in negligence.
Contact our Corpus Christi Truck Accident Attorneys today
Possible Liable Parties in a Truck Accident
Just like in a car accident, the liable party may not be the driver. There are a few parties who may hold responsibility for the crash you were involved in. Take a look at who we may ultimately hold accountable for your damages:
- The driver: Of course, the driver may have been the negligent party in the accident. They may have been distracted or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, causing the crash.
- The driver’s employer: If an employer, for example, pushed a driver to meet unreasonable demands, the employer could be held responsible for the accident. For instance, the driver could have become fatigued due to pressure to arrive at their destination early.
- The truck’s manufacturer: If the truck had a defective part that contributed to the accident, the manufacturer may be at fault for their negligence.
- The truck’s mechanic: A mechanic may be to blame for the crash if they did not properly fix a part of the truck. They might also have unnecessarily fixed a working part.
- A cargo-loading company: A cargo-loading company could be liable if they were negligent in loading the truck. This act can create an imbalance of weight that leads to accidents.
Investigation into the truck accident can determine who is at fault and who to pursue compensation from. We are not afraid to go up against powerful lawyers the trucking company employs or the company’s insurance provider.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Proving the Liable Party’s Negligence
To have a shot at winning you fair compensation, we must establish the liable party’s negligence. We do this by showing that this party:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their duty of care
- Caused your accident through their breach of duty
- Holds responsibility for your damages
Without proving negligence, we may not be able to achieve the outcome we want for you.
How Will I Pay for Your Services?
We help injured parties or loved ones who have lost someone. Your lawyer will fight to hold negligent parties accountable for their wrongful actions. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay us nothing up front and out of pocket. We only get paid if you do. If we do not win you any compensation, we get paid nothing.
What if My Car Was the Only One Damaged?
Some accidents seem like single-car accidents on paper. Actually, they happen due to the negligence of another party. You might have had to swerve out of the way of a reckless driver. This could have caused you to crash into another car, pole, or building. This kind of accident is similar to the one featured in KRIS 6 News’ reporting.
We can hunt down the other driver, even if they drove away.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins Now to Get the Ball Rolling
The days and weeks after a truck accident can be chaotic. You and your family have suffered enough. So, let Loncar Lyon Jenkins go to work for you while you worry about your health rather than protecting your rights. Call in the Strong Arm at (877) 239-4878.