Catastrophic injuries can alter the course of your life forever. These injuries may require long-term care or extraordinary treatments. The physical, emotional, and financial effects of these injuries can impact you or your loved ones for a long time.
If you or a loved one sustained a catastrophic injury because of someone else’s actions, you could be entitled to recover compensation. A Pasadena catastrophic injuries lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can fight for your right to recover compensation for your injuries. We will be the Strong Arm you can lean on for support through a difficult time.
We Provide Personal Attention After Serious Accidents in Pasadena
Although our firm has many offices and a large client base, we work to provide each case and client with personal attention. After a serious accident, you deserve an attorney to advocate for you. Since 1988, we have helped injured clients recover compensation.
We have handled many catastrophic injury cases and know how to negotiate with insurance companies. Other benefits of choosing our firm include:
- We prepare all cases like they are going to trial. Insurance companies and opposing attorneys know we are willing to try cases. We aim to get them to present an appropriate settlement offer. If they will not settle, we are already prepared for a trial.
- We will meet virtually. If the severity of your injuries impacts your ability to travel to one of our offices, we will meet virtually to discuss your case.
- We have Spanish-speaking team members. If you prefer to conduct meetings in Spanish, members of our legal team are Spanish-speaking.
For a free legal consultation with a Catastrophic Injuries lawyer serving Pasadena, call 877-239-4878
Do Not Worry About Affording an Attorney From Our Team
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we understand you or your loved one may be under financial stress after sustaining a catastrophic injury. That is why we do not charge any upfront fees or costs for our legal services. We offer:
- Free consultations: Each potential client can have their case reviewed by a Pasadena catastrophic injuries attorney from our firm. During the consultation, we will discuss your legal options and answer your questions.
- Contingency fees: Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis. This means we do not charge for our legal services until you recover compensation.
We want our clients to hold the liable party accountable without worrying about the costs of an attorney.
Pasadena Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
We Will Identify the Damages You Could Recover for a Catastrophic Injury
After sustaining a catastrophic injury, you could be entitled to recover compensation from the liable party. Compensation could be awarded through damages. Damages are the amount of money the court requires someone to pay for injuring someone else. In a catastrophic injury case, damages could include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
Our attorneys can calculate your damages to determine the value of your case.
Contact our Pasadena Catastrophic Injury Attorneys today
You Must Prove the Other Party Was Negligent To Recover Compensation
Proving negligence is an important aspect of a catastrophic injury case. The elements of negligence must be satisfied for a plaintiff to recover compensation, including:
- Duty of care: The defendant must have owed a duty to the plaintiff. The defendant must provide a standard level of care to the plaintiff.
- Breach of duty: The defendant must have breached their duty of care. This means they failed to exercise reasonable care for the plaintiff.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty caused the plaintiff’s injuries. If the defendant had not breached their duty, the injuries would not have occurred.
- Damages: The plaintiff sustained legally recognized harm. The result of the accident must have resulted in actual damages to the plaintiff.
Attorneys from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can develop a solid case strategy to prove the other party’s negligence caused your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Frequently Asked Questions About Catastrophic Injuries
We want you to have as much information about your case as possible. Here are the answers to questions many of our clients have at the start of their cases.
What Is Considered a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is considered any serious injury that will most likely impact the victim for the rest of their life. Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Severe burns causing scarring or disfigurement
- Severe traumatic brain injuries causing long-term impairment
- Spinal cord injuries causing partial or full paralysis
- Permanent loss of vision
- Permanent loss of hearing
- Loss of a limb by being severed or amputation
Each of these injuries can impact someone for the rest of their life and their ability to function independently.
What Leads to Catastrophic Injuries?
Some accidents are more likely to lead to catastrophic injuries. Some of these accidents include:
- Car, truck, pedestrian, and motorcycle accidents
- Working with heavy machinery
- Medical malpractice
- Falling objects
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit?
After sustaining a catastrophic injury, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states you have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit. Our attorneys can help you meet timelines to seek compensation for your injuries.
Once the statute of limitations is up, you can no longer recover compensation. Speaking with your attorney shortly after the accident will give us ample time to prepare a solid case strategy.
How Can Your Catastrophic Injury Attorney Help Me?
Our attorneys have handled many catastrophic injury cases and know how to negotiate with insurance companies and opposing attorneys to reach a fair settlement. Without an attorney, the insurance company may present a low offer or try to blame you for the accident.
It is not required to have a catastrophic injury attorney, but it can be very helpful to your case. With your attorney by your side, we will protect your rights and help you recover fair compensation.
Contact a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer’s Team Serving Pasadena Today
You should not have to handle the fallout of a catastrophic injury on your own. Our attorneys can handle all communications associated with the accident on your behalf. We want your only focus to be on recovering from the accident while we focus on legal matters.
Contact our firm today for your free consultation. A member of our team is available 24/7 to discuss the details of your case.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form