You can sue for emotional distress after a car accident. You may also file a personal injury lawsuit for other types of pain and suffering, such as physical pain, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, and lost quality of life. A Dallas car accident lawyer from our team can evaluate your damages and seek a fair financial recovery for you.
You may also have several economic damages that we will account for when leading your case. Our law firm fights for clients’ complete financial recoveries, including both economic and non-economic damages.
Recoverable Damages for Car Accident Victims
Every motor vehicle accident varies. A high-speed, head-on collision may cause vastly different damages than a low-speed, rear-end accident. However, most car accident victims suffer many of the same types of damages, which often include:
Many damages from a car accident have a measurable financial value that is fairly straightforward. These are called economic damages and often include:
- The cost of repairing a damaged vehicle
- The cost of replacing a totaled vehicle
- Medical expenses, which may stem from ambulance transport, emergency care, surgery, hospitalization, medical imaging, medical equipment, medications, and other medical treatment
- Mental health treatments, such as therapy sessions
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Lost benefits, promotions, bonuses, and other professional costs
- Replacement of damaged property, such as clothing, cellphones, and items that were in the vehicle at the time of the accident
Some economic damages can affect car accident victims well into the future, in which case your attorney may need to project the future cost of the damages. For example, if your injuries caused a disability that requires long-term rehabilitation, your auto accident attorney may need to consult medical professionals about the long-term cost of necessary rehab.
Pain and suffering is the most common non-economic damage from traumatic car accidents. It may include:
- Immediate physical pain from injuries
- Chronic pain
- Emotional distress
- Psychological distress
- Mental anguish
- Diagnosed conditions like anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), substance abuse disorders, and suicidality
- Lost quality of life
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Sleep problems
Pain and suffering is highly personal, as everyone responds differently to traumatic experiences. Our car accident attorneys work closely with mental health professionals to diagnose and value emotional distress and other forms of pain and suffering.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Recoverable Damages in Fatal Car Accident Cases
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) designates the plight of fatal traffic accidents as a “national crisis.” Anyone affected by a fatal accident knows that losing a loved one is, in fact, a situation that can cause:
Immense Pain and Suffering
Grief is a common result of fatal car accidents. Survivors of fatal accidents may also experience severe and prolonged depression and other forms of pain and suffering.
You may require counseling, medication, or other treatments to cope with your loss. Our legal team will seek fair compensation for both your pain and suffering and any required treatment.
Immediate and Long-Term Financial Harm
A fatal car accident often results in several immediate costs, including:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial or cremation costs
- Medical expenses (including for emergency and end-of-life care)
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs (which often fall to surviving loved ones, even if it was not their vehicle)
- Replacement of damaged property
Other financial losses become apparent in the days, weeks, months, and years following the accident. These may include the loss of the decedent’s income, work-related benefits, home repair services, contributions to household chores, future promotions, financial services, and home security.
We evaluate each car accident on a case-by-case basis, as no two clients’ damages are identical.
Loss of Companionship
Car accident victims can sue for the loss of their loved one’s non-economic value, which may include:
- Their spousal companionship and intimacy
- Their parental guidance
- Any other non-financial benefits they provided their immediate loved ones
Loss of companionship and consortium is an important damage in wrongful death cases. Our attorneys understand how to calculate this non-economic damage accurately, reflecting the massive toll of losing a loved one.
How Do I Pursue Emotional Distress Damages and Other Compensation?
You may allow a personal injury lawyer from our firm to pursue fair compensation for your damages. There are several benefits of allowing a lawyer to lead your case, including:
- Having our firm’s considerable financial support: Loncar Lyon Jenkins spares no expense when leading car accident cases. You won’t have to pay us any upfront compensation. We’ll hire experts, reconstruct accidents, and take any other measures that may help our clients get the compensation they deserve.
- Focusing on (and protecting) your health: When someone is involved in a traumatic event like a car accident, they often face substantial stress, pain, and chaos. Most car accident victims cannot handle the stress of an insurance claim or lawsuit. By hiring our law firm to represent you, you can put your health first.
- Having a lawyer’s experience on your side: Each year, our firm helps thousands of clients get fair compensation for car accidents. There is no substitute for this kind of experience. We understand what it takes to complete car accident cases successfully. When you hire Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our experience works for you.
Our clients don’t lose sleep over their cases. You can receive treatment, rest, and recovery time knowing that our team is:
- Securing all evidence that supports your personal injury claim or lawsuit, including witness accounts, expert testimony, and video footage of your accident
- Documenting each of your damages, which helps prove your car accident’s cost
- Calculating the precise amount of compensation you deserve
- Negotiating for a settlement that covers your economic and non-economic damages
- Ready to take your case to trial if necessary
We prepare each car accident case as if it will go to trial. Your personal injury attorney will provide frequent updates, and you will have complete control over how we resolve your case.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today for a Free Consultation About Your Car Accident Case
Do not wait to speak with our team. We may face a rigid deadline for filing your car accident case, and missing the deadline could prevent you from seeking the compensation you deserve.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation about your car accident case.