Oilfield accidents are serious events that could result in burns, broken bones, limb loss, and even fatalities. If you were injured or lost a close loved one to an oilfield accident in Beaumont, a lawyer from our team could pursue compensation for you.
Since 1988, Loncar Lyon Jenkins has been handling oilfield accident cases. We know how tough it can be to go up against a massive oil company–but as true Texans, we never back down from a challenge. We look forward to advocating for your family and resolving your case.
Hire Our Firm with no Out-of-Pocket Cost
We understand that the aftermath of an oilfield accident can be fraught with financial challenges. We do not want the cost of hiring our firm to be one of them. By operating on a contingency-fee basis, we will:
- Start your case at no cost to you
- Take payment from your final settlement or award
- Finance the legal process from start to finish
We will only request our attorney’s fees if we win your case.
We Can Recover Your Economic and Non-Economic Losses
We are no stranger to oilfield accident cases. We know what goes into proving, investigating, and managing these matters. Our primary goal is to recover compensation for your damages.
Your losses will comprise two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
We Can Help Get Economic Damages
Economic damages have monetary values. We can verify the cost of these losses by using receipts, invoices, billing statements, and other pieces of documentation. We can even talk to consultants to learn more about these losses’ overall cost.
Some of your economic losses may include:
- Healthcare expenses. This accounts for both your past and future medical-related costs. We can discuss your medical bill with your healthcare team and other professionals to learn more about their total cost.
- Lost income and loss of future earning capacity. We can determine the value of your lost income by speaking to your employer. We can also determine whether you are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Mental health counseling. Your accident and injuries could have left you with anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). We can account for the cost of psychological counseling in your case.
- Funeral expenses. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says that oilfields are home to some of the deadliest incidents. If you lost a loved one in such an accident, you have our deepest sympathies. We can recover the cost of your loved one’s funeral, burial, and cremation.
- Childcare costs. If your oilfield accident prevented you from taking care of your children, you could pursue damages for the cost of their care and supervision.
You could recover other losses depending on your case. For instance, if you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident on an oilfield and you were driving your own car, you could recover property damage costs.
We Can Help Secure Your Non-Economic Damages
Your non-economic damages are losses that relate more to your intangible damages. These losses’ value will depend on various aspects of your situation, including the severity of your injuries and the cost of your financial losses.
Some non-economic damages in your case could include:
- Pain and suffering. Being injured in an oilfield accident can disrupt your plans for the future, time with your loved ones, and your overall health.
- Loss of consortium. You could recover compensation if your oilfield accident hurt your relationship with your spouse.
- Scarring and disfigurement. If your injuries will affect your physical appearance, you could recoup damages for that loss.
Again, you could be eligible to recoup the cost of other losses.
Time Is a Factor in Your Oilfield Accident Case
While your case will likely be resolved through insurance negotiations, according to the American Bar Association (ABA), a lawsuit may be necessary to resolve your case. The following deadlines could apply to your situation, per the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003:
- You could have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- You could have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
You could have a different set of deadlines if you are filing a workers’ compensation claim.
How Our Oilfield Accident Lawyer Serving Beaumont Can Help You
We can build your oilfield accident case by:
The following information could help your case:
- The accident report
- Witness testimony
- Statements from consultants
- Your medical treatment records
- Photos of the accident scene
- Accident reconstruction specialist testimony (if possible)
We could even use security camera footage to prove your case.
Negotiating a Settlement
If you were injured on an oilfield, we could file a claim with the property owner’s insurer. They may not accept your claim right off the bat, though. They may deny your claim or offer you less money than you need.
We feel right at home at the negotiating table. We will present your case and fight for the money you need.
Handle All Communications
While you are recovering from your injuries or mourning the loss of a loved one, you should not have to field calls from the other parties involved in your case. Let our team do that for you. We can manage communications from the following:
- The other party’s lawyers
- The involved insurance representatives
- Your healthcare providers
- The oilfield’s employees
- The oilfield’s representatives
Litigating Your Case
If we need to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for your damages, we can do the following:
- Present evidence
- Prove negligence
- Cross-examine witnesses
- Exchange information
- Calculate your losses
- Abide by all courtroom protocol
We can explain in further detail how long your lawsuit will take to resolve when we learn more about your situation.
Call in the Strong Arm Today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins has decades of legal experience helping injured people just like yourself. We have eight offices for your convenience. A lawyer from our firm can handle your oilfield accident case at no out-of-pocket cost to you.
To begin a free consultation with our team, call (800) 777-7777.