Those who work in the Texas oil industry accept that their line of work has certain dangers, but this does not mean that their employers and other parties have a license to put oilfield workers at risk for preventable injuries. When an oilfield accident occurs and you or your loved one suffers an injury or dies as a result, you could be entitled to compensation.
Your El Paso oilfield accident lawyer could help you pursue the compensation you are entitled to.
Potential Forms of Compensation
Whether you are making an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit, various forms of compensation may apply. If negligence led to your accident, you may be able to recover:
- Medical bills, including emergency room care and rehabilitative treatments
- Lost wages from the time you spent away from work
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries keep you from working in the future
- Loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and scarring
When we handle your case, we can assess your losses and see which ones qualify you for financial recovery. We can also gather the necessary evidence to tie your injuries to your oilfield accident in El Paso.
If an oilfield accident resulted in the loss of a loved one, you may qualify for compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. Some damages that may be available include:
- Funeral expenses and the cost of cremation or burial
- Loss of inheritance for your loved one’s income
- Loss of consortium
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Your loved one’s injury-related medical bills
Recovery for these unexpected expenses can help you grieve in peace and adjust to your loved one’s absence. We can pursue them for you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Negligence Can Lead to Oilfield Accidents
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), nearly one in 100 workers in the field of oil and gas extraction will suffer a fatality, injury, or illness related to their line of work. It is possible that this rate could be higher when accounting for the specific type of job that you or your loved one held within the oil industry.
Regardless of the obvious risks in this industry, negligence may have played a role in your injury. Some injuries that may result from negligence include:
- Falling objects striking you, including but not limited to pipes and crane components
- An explosion or fire
- A blowout, which may result from drilling an oil well
- A rupture in a gas or oil pipeline, which could cause a risk of harm or contribute to a secondary hazard, such as a fire
- A slick surface, whether due to oil or another substance, which could cause a slip and fall accident
- Exposed or improperly placed components, which may cause a trip and fall accident
- Accidents related to the process of fracking
- Accidents that cause you to be exposed to an unsafe amount of oil
- Exposure to other oilfield toxins
These are only a few of the possible sources of danger that exist in an oilfield setting. You or your loved one may have suffered an injury due to causes other than those listed above.
If you consider bringing a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit against a liable party, our El Paso oilfield accident lawyer can help.
An Accident on an Oilfield Can Cause Serious Injuries or Illness
The outcome of your accident on an oilfield can depend on the specific circumstances under which you or a loved one were harmed, but the range of accident consequences may include injury, illness, and even death.
Some types of injury that could happen because of an oilfield accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury, which could come from an object such as a pipe striking you in the head
- Fractured bones
- Spinal cord injury, which may cause partial or complete paralysis
- Internal bleeding
- Damage to organs
- Illnesses caused by exposure to dangerous toxins in an oilfield
You may also be entitled to collect compensation if an injury or illness produces short-term symptoms—or if the symptoms of your injury or illness do not manifest immediately. The consequences of such injury or illness can be great, nonetheless.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Attorney Can Fight for Fair Compensation
The effects of an oilfield accident or hazard may diminish your physical and mental capacity, and our injury lawyer could take on your pursuit of compensation while you concentrate on improving your healing from the injuries you suffered.
Some of the duties that our oilfield accident lawyer may perform include:
- Assessing your case
- Providing advice
- Collecting evidence of your accident and documentation of your injuries
- Obtaining any relevant expert testimony
- Filing an insurance claim if possible
- Initiating a lawsuit against liable parties
- Handling all communications for you
- Making in-person court appearances on your behalf
- Submitting all necessary legal paperwork
- Negotiating for compensation on your behalf
- Defending your rights
We work to take the weight of the legal process off your shoulders, and we provide all of our clients with personalized attention. We will never leave you wondering about the status of your case. We can make ourselves available to answer your questions throughout the entire process.
You do not Have an Unlimited Amount of Time to Act
Some oilfield accident victims have the ability to seek compensation through an insurance claim. Others may have to file a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit against a liable party to seek recovery. Each case is different, and we want you to understand the time limits that may apply to yours.
Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you merely have two years to file a lawsuit. Some exceptions may apply, and that is also something we can look at when we discuss your case. Be aware that if you do not file an action by the deadline, you may lose your right to pursue compensation.
Do not let a negligent party get away with causing your injuries and losses without a fight. Also, keep in mind that investigating an accident and negotiating with insurers takes time. You will want to get started on your case as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
We Offer Free Consultations
To help us get started on your case as soon as possible, we offer free, no-obligation consultations to help you discover your legal options. We can listen to your story, answer your questions, and determine if you have a valid case for compensation.
We can also give you an estimate of what your case may be worth once we learn more about your injuries and how they will affect you long term. The first step comes at no risk to you. Take advantage of this opportunity to immediately get started on your case.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins
With Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can call in the Strong Arm to assist you in pursuing any compensation you may be eligible for. Call our law office today at (877) 239-4878 for more details about how an oilfield accident lawyer may handle your case.