All drivers in El Paso, including motorcyclists, are required to carry insurance. If a motorcyclist that caused your auto accident isn’t insured, this can make the claims process even more complex. Luckily, you still have legal options for pursuing the compensation you need.
After your collision in El Paso, you can work with our uninsured rider motorcycle accident lawyer. They can explain how your case will work and what you can do to seek the compensation you need. Your El Paso motorcycle crash lawyer could help you file a claim with your insurance company, or you can pursue a personal injury lawsuit. Our law firm will guide you in your pursuit of a fair settlement.
Damages You Can Recover in an Uninsured Rider Motorcycle Accident Case
When another party causes your accident, you can either recover the compensation you need through your own insurance carrier or a lawsuit. Depending on the legal route we pursue, you may recover damages such as:
- Medical bills: Any medical care you receive could be covered with your compensation. This includes ambulance rides, assistive medical devices, prescription medications, doctor’s appointments, and the cost of traveling to appointments.
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged or declared a total loss, you may seek compensation to pay for repairs, replacement parts, or the value of your totaled vehicle.
- Physical pain and suffering: You can seek payment for the physical discomfort your injuries cause.
- Mental anguish: Many motor vehicle accident victims suffer from mental health complications after a crash. You may be able to seek compensation if you suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, or anxiety because of the incident.
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity: If your injuries prevent you from working the same job you once could, our personal injury lawyers can help you seek a settlement. Similarly, if you spend time away from work to recover, you may receive compensation for your lost income.
Our accident attorneys will assess your case and explain which damages you are eligible to recover.
Wrongful Death Damages After an Accident in El Paso
If an uninsured rider caused your loved one to suffer fatal injuries, you still have options for seeking justice. Our team will fight for your family’s financial recovery.
Damages you could recover through a wrongful death lawsuit include:
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support
- The mental anguish you and other surviving family members feel
- Lost inheritance
- Lost companionship, society, comfort, and love
- Loss of household services
Our El Paso wrongful death lawyers offer our warmest condolences to your family. You don’t have to hold the negligent party accountable on your own.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What Our Uninsured Rider Motorcycle Accident Attorney Will Do for Your Case
Deciding which law firm should handle your case can be a tough decision. Clients of Loncar Lyon Jenkins experience many benefits when they hire our firm. These include:
- Compassionate legal support
- An accessible team who can take your call 24/7
- Free initial consultations
We also handle the entire legal process for you. You can expect us to:
- Visit the accident scene to collect evidence of the collision
- Speak to lay and expert witnesses who may have insight into the cause of the incident
- Advocate for your legal rights, even if that means taking your case to trial
- Prove that all at-fault parties owe you financial compensation
- Schedule convenient virtual appointments with you if you cannot make it to our office to meet
We know that accident victims are in significant financial and emotional distress. We aim to make ourselves accessible to you throughout your case so you have one less thing to worry about.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Does Not Charge Anything Upfront
Another benefit of hiring our legal team is that we won’t ask you to pay us anything when we start working on your case. Instead, you only pay us once we win or settle your case.
We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we receive a percentage of your final settlement. You’ll never owe us anything out of pocket, and there are no surprise fees. We also provide prospective clients with a free initial consultation. You can ask us any questions you have, and a member of our team will provide legal guidance.
The El Paso Attorneys at Our Firm Can Explain the Insurance Requirements for Motorcyclists
Not only is failing to carry insurance illegal in El Paso, but it also puts other road users at risk when accidents occur. According to the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI), all drivers are required to carry 30/60/25 insurance coverage. This means you and the motorcyclist must be able to prove you have:
- $30,000 of coverage for injuries per person
- $60,000 of coverage per accident
- $25,000 of coverage for property damage
Since the driver in your accident case was not insured, your legal options may include:
- Filing a first-party insurance claim with your own provider
- Filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the liable party
Navigating the legal process on your own after an accident with an uninsured rider isn’t always easy. Our law firm will work to hold the uninsured driver responsible so you can focus on recovering.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
You Must File Your Lawsuit Against the Uninsured Driver on Time in El Paso
Each state sets a statute of limitations that explains how long you have to file a lawsuit. In your case, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states that you typically have two years to submit a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Two years can pass quickly in the aftermath of a serious injury accident. Our team recommends that you get started on your case right away. This helps us avoid running out of time to file it.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Uninsured Rider Motorcycle Accidents in El Paso
If you were hurt in an accident, the responsible party may be liable for compensating you. Our team will advocate for your financial recovery and help you seek justice against the uninsured rider.
To get started on your case with a free initial consultation, call us today. We’ll have a team member ready to take your call 24/7.