A Longview personal injury lawyer at our firm can help you hold the person who caused your injury accountable. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we understand how scary a personal injury accident can be. We work hard so our clients secure the compensation they deserve. Our legal team can be the strong arm you can lean on for support during a difficult time.
Damages You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Case
To determine the amount of compensation you could recover in a personal injury case, our attorneys will review your damages. Damages refer to the compensation a court will order the other party to pay if the injury was caused by their negligence. Damages in a personal injury case include:
- Medical expenses: Emergency medical services, hospitalizations, medications, surgeries, diagnostic testing, doctor’s appointments, rehabilitation services such as occupational therapy or physical therapy, and ambulance services.
- Future medical expenses: The projected costs of medical expenses in the future after your case has been settled.
- Lost earnings: The earnings you lost if you had to be out of work while you recovered from your injuries.
- Lost future earnings: The projected earnings you will lose if you have to be out of work in the future after your case has settled. If you are unable to return to work at all, you could be compensated for the lost income, retirement benefits, and medical benefits.
- Property loss or replacement: The costs to repair or replace any of your property that was damaged during the incident that caused your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: You could recover compensation for the pain, discomfort, anguish, or inconvenience you endured because of your injuries.
- Emotional distress: You could recover compensation if your injuries caused you to endure negative psychological impacts.
- Loss of enjoyment: You could recover compensation if you are no longer able to enjoy your life to the extent you did before you were injured.
Damages you could recover if your loved one passed away from their injuries include:
- Medical costs for any life-saving medical care or comfort measures
- Funeral and burial/cremation costs
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income or benefits the decedent provided
Our attorneys extend our sincerest condolences if you lost a loved one unexpectedly. Although no amount of money will bring your loved one back, it can ease the financial burden you and your family are faced with after your loved one passed away. After reviewing your damages, we will calculate the value of your losses to determine how much compensation we will seek.
All Practice Areas we serve in Longview
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Longview, call 877-239-4878
Our Longview Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help With Many Types of Injuries
We have been helping clients recover compensation in personal injury cases since 1988. We prepare each case for trial so if a settlement cannot be reached, we are ready to fight for your right to recover compensation in front of a jury. Opposing attorneys know we are willing to go to a trial. This makes them more likely to present a fair settlement.
We have many offices around the state of Texas and a large client base. Although we have many clients, we are still able to provide each client with the personal attention needed after dealing with a personal injury accident.
We provide free consultations to all potential clients. During the consultation, we can discuss what happened and how you got injured. We can listen to you describe the extent of your injuries and how they have impacted you financially, physically, and emotionally. Our legal team works on a contingency fee, which means we do not charge for our services unless you recover monetary compensation. If you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Take On
There are a variety of ways a person in Longview, TX can be injured. The attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins have helped people recover compensation for many types of injuries. Common personal injury cases we work on include:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective product
- Traumatic brain injuries
Longview Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
We Can Help You Prove The Other Party Was Negligent for Your Personal Injury
Our attorneys have handled many personal injury cases and understand that each case is different. To win a personal injury case, you must prove the other party was negligent. Several elements of negligence must be proven. The elements of negligence include:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a legal duty of care.
- The defendant breached the duty of care.
- The breach of duty caused the victim to sustain their injuries.
- The victim incurred damages because of their injuries.
To prove the plaintiff’s case, all of the elements of negligence must be satisfied. Once our attorneys begin working on your case, we can develop a solid case strategy.
Contact our Longview Personal Injury Attorneys today
How Long Do You Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Longview?
After you get injured, your priority may be to heal your injuries. Some injuries might not show up immediately after the accident or will worsen throughout time. Although filing a personal injury claim might not be the first thing on your mind, it can be helpful to your case. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
Speaking with an attorney from our firm soon after your case can be helpful for several reasons. First, we will handle communications with the insurance company and negotiate an appropriate settlement. Second, we can help you to file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out. Once the statute of limitations runs out, you may not be able to recover compensation for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work With a Longview Personal Injury Lawyer For a Free Consultation
At our firm, we advocate for our client’s best interests. The other side might have a powerful legal team protecting them. After being injured by someone else, you deserve to have a legal team protect you as well. Our attorneys can investigate your claim by gathering evidence and demanding you get paid for the damages you incurred.
A Longview personal injury attorney at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can handle your case from start to finish. We have Spanish-speaking team members for those who speak Spanish. Contact us today and we can get started on your case immediately.