Pedestrian accidents occur when a vehicle hits a pedestrian while walking, jogging, crossing the street, or standing by the roadway. These accidents can happen on the road, in parking lots, on highways, or anywhere cars and pedestrians encounter one another.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury after being hit by a vehicle, an Arlington pedestrian accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins could help you recover the compensation you are entitled to receive. We will be the strong arm you can lean on for support throughout the claims process.
Recoverable Damages in a Pedestrian Accident
Recoverable damages compensate the plaintiff for their injuries and hold the defendant accountable. If you can prove the defendant caused your injuries, you could receive monetary compensation.
In a pedestrian accident, you could recover the following damages:
- Medical bills: If you or your loved one incurred medical bills from an emergency room visit, ambulance ride, surgeries, diagnostic testing, or medications, you could include these bills in your claim.
- Future healthcare costs: Pedestrian accidents often cause severe injuries that require ongoing care well into the future. Including the cost of projected future medical bills in your claim will ensure these hefty bills won’t burden your family.
- Lost income: If you missed any time from work (no matter how long or short) while recovering from the accident, you could include the earnings you lost in your claim.
- Future lost earnings: If you cannot return to work in the same capacity, or your injuries permanently remove you from the workforce, you could include future lost income (including retirement and other benefits you lost) in your claim.
- Rehabilitative care: Your injuries may require physical or occupational therapy. You can claim for these costs.
- Property damage: You may have damaged property (e.g., clothing, prescription glasses, or a cellphone) from the accident. Again, you could include those costs in your claim.
- Pain and suffering: Although the pain you felt after the accident is not a monetary loss, you can still include this damage in your claim. We can value the pain, anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience you endured because of your injuries.
- Emotional distress: The accident and resulting injuries could cause severe psychological issues. If you develop mental health conditions associated with the accident, such as anxiety, fear, depression, or sleep issues, you could include emotional distress in your claim.
Damages You Could Recover If Your Loved One Passes Away
If your loved one passes away after being hit in a pedestrian accident, we first want to say how deeply sorry we are for your loss. We understand the devastation you feel from suddenly losing a loved one. As a result, our attorneys will work tirelessly to hold the liable party accountable for these losses:
- End-of-life medical expenses: If medical professionals took any lifesaving measures, you could include those costs in your claim.
- Funeral and burial costs: You can include any costs associated with the funeral and burial or cremation in your claim.
- Loss of consortium: The emotional loss of your loved one’s companionship or support can be included in your claim.
- Loss of financial support: Your loved one might have been your family’s primary breadwinner. We’ll calculate their lost future income and claim for it.
For a free legal consultation with a Pedestrian Accidents lawyer serving Arlington, call 877-239-4878
How Much does an Arlington Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Cost?
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we understand your stress about your finances after suffering injuries in a pedestrian accident. Therefore, we aim to alleviate any anxiety you have about your finances.
That is why we offer free consultations to all potential clients. We will review your case during the consultation and determine how we can help. By the time your consultation is over, you will understand your legal options and have your questions answered.
We provide most of our legal services on a contingency fee basis. Thus, you do not pay for our services unless you recover compensation for your injuries. We want our clients to receive justice without worrying about the costs of hiring an attorney.
Arlington Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Our attorneys have handled many pedestrian accident cases. We investigate each accident to determine the liable party. Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Backing out of a parking spot without looking
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Making a turn while a pedestrian is in the crosswalk
- Hazardous road conditions causing a vehicle to slide into a pedestrian
- Failing to follow traffic laws
Contact our Arlington Pedestrian Accident Attorneys today
Pedestrian Accidents Can Cause Severe Injuries
Pedestrians are extremely vulnerable to severe injuries—even death—if a vehicle strikes them. The Loncar Lyon Jenkins team helps clients who sustain injuries in pedestrian accidents. Common injuries victims sustain in these accidents include:
- Spinal cord trauma causing paralysis
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
If you have suffered any of these traumatic injuries—or any injury at all—our attorneys stand ready to help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Attorneys Will Review Your Case for Free
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we give each case the personal attention it deserves. For example, you may have sustained severe injuries in a pedestrian accident and cannot drive to our Arlington office. If this is the case, we can sign you up electronically.
Our Arlington pedestrian accident lawyers prepare every case as though it will go to trial. Insurance companies and other attorneys know we are unafraid of taking a case to court. Thus, they are more likely to present fair settlement offers. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn how Loncar Lyon Jenkins can serve you.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form