A driver who was speeding at the time of a car crash increases the likelihood of causing major injuries to others involved. If this happens to you and if we can prove the other driver was speeding, the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins will work as hard as we can to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
As an Irving exceeding posted speed limits accident lawyer, we do not back down when an insurance company tries to treat you unfairly. Instead, we will work even harder to negotiate for the best possible settlement.
We Work Tirelessly for Our Clients
A client involved in an accident with a speeding driver could have serious injuries. By speeding, the driver increases the force with which he or she hits another vehicle or a pedestrian. We want to fight for a settlement that will help you achieve maximum recovery.
To seek the compensation you deserve, your Irving exceeding posted speed limits accident lawyer will start by giving you the compassionate and respectful representation you deserve. Some of the services we provide for our clients include the following:
Negotiating with the Insurance Company
When the facts in the case are clear and the insurance company knows that its driver caused the injury accident, the insurer often will seek to settle the case out of court. It is more efficient for the insurer to try to settle before a trial.
When you hire our team, we will take over the negotiations with the insurer on your behalf. This could be a significant advantage for you, as it gives you more time to focus on your recovery and your family.
Making Sure You Receive the Medical Care You Need
After a serious injury in a car accident, you may need medical care from a variety of doctors. You could end up needing specialized care because your condition simply is not improving.
If you require long-term care, we can include this as part of your case value and fight for compensation for your future medical care.
Meeting All Deadlines in the Case
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, victims in personal injury cases have up to two years to start the proceedings.
When you hire Loncar Lyon Jenkins to represent you, you can be certain we will keep your case moving forward, hitting all deadlines. If the insurer tries to stall, we will fight to prevent this from happening.
Representing You in Court
We will do everything we can to convince the insurance company to negotiate in good faith and settle in a reasonable amount of time. However, sometimes the insurer simply refuses to listen to your concerns about your health outlook, meaning it will not give you a fair settlement offer.
In a situation like this, we may recommend that we take the case to trial. We then will attempt to help you win the settlement you deserve in a court case, standing by your side during the entire process. We take pride in our ability to battle in court.
Potential Damages You Can Collect
No personal injury attorney can guarantee that you will receive a certain amount of money in a settlement. Typically, those with serious injuries and major suffering could qualify for higher compensation. However, even moderate injuries can require expensive treatment and may allow us to demand a higher compensation amount.
Some of the items for which we can help you seek compensation in a car accident case include:
- Medical bills: Victims can seek compensation for emergency care, doctors’ visits, surgeries, therapy, and medical bills they may incur in the future.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work while you recovered from your injuries, you can attempt to receive compensation for the wages you lost.
- Future job prospects: Your injuries may leave you unable to continue working in the same job you had before the crash, and you can receive an award for any difference in income you will have going forward.
- Emotional trauma: If you have a reduction in your quality of life, nightmares, an inability to sleep, depression, or anxiety, you can receive a financial award for these items.
Steps You Can Take to Help Your Case
Immediately after an accident and in the months to come, we recommend that clients take certain actions (and refrain from others) to build the best possible foundation for a case.
- Refraining from making statements to an insurance company about the accident. They may contact you and ask you for a recorded statement, but they may try to use your words against you later. We can handle this communication for you.
- Getting medical care and attending all necessary appointments. If your doctor recommends certain treatments, see them through. If you do not, an insurance company may try to claim that you made your own condition worse.
- Contacting a lawyer’s office to discuss your case. We can offer advice on the next best steps in your case and take over all the important legal details.
We do not Require Payment Ahead of Time for Our Services
When you have extensive medical bills and when the accident leaves you unable to work, you may have serious financial concerns. The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins will not add to those worries. You do not have to pay anything ahead of time to hire us.
Instead, our fee will come as a percentage of the final settlement in the case. If we do not win an award for you, you will not pay anything.
Contact Our Attorneys for Help
To start the process, contact us for a free case review today.