The law requires property owners to provide a safe and properly maintained premise. Many slip and fall injuries occur because of dangerous conditions caused by the property owner’s negligence. Slip and fall injuries can cause serious consequences that could impact you far into the future. The property owner should be held accountable for not keeping their property safe.
If you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident, a Sugar Land slip and fall accident lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you recover compensation for your injuries. We can be by your side throughout the entirety of your case. Our attorneys will be the strong arm you can lean on after sustaining an injury.
We Can Help You Recover Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Once our firm starts working on your case, we will determine what damages you could potentially recover. Recoverable damages are an amount of money the court requires someone to pay if it is proven they are at fault for causing someone else’s injuries. In a slip and fall accident case, you could recover both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages You Could Recover
Economic damages are justified, monetary losses you may have incurred because of your injuries. The value of the loss is easier to calculate because there is documentation to support each loss. Economic damages you could recover in a slip and fall case include:
- Medical costs: Expenses for medical care could most likely be the most significant economic damage award. If your injuries required emergency room care, hospitalizations, surgeries, medications, diagnostic testing, and doctor’s appointments, your out-of-pocket costs could be high. Future medical costs could also be included in medical expenses. Your injuries could require ongoing medical care long after your claim is settled. Our attorneys can calculate the projected value of future medical costs.
- Lost income: You may be out of work for a few days or weeks while you recover from the accident. The income you lost during that time could be recovered.
- Future lost earnings: If your injuries are severe enough, you may be out of work for years or unable to return to work at all. Our attorneys can calculate your future projected earnings so you can recover compensation for those losses.
- Rehabilitative treatment: Your injuries may require you to go through rehabilitative treatments, such as occupational therapy or physical therapy. These treatments could last far into the future and have out-of-pocket costs associated with them.
Non-Economic Damages You Could Recover
Non-economic damages are subjective, non-monetary losses. They can be more difficult to calculate because they are not associated with a monetary loss.
Non-economic damages account for physical and emotional suffering. Non-economic damages you can seek in a slip and fall accident case include:
- Emotional distress: If you suffer from any negative psychological effects, such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, or sleep issues, your suffering could warrant compensation.
- Pain and suffering: If you suffer from pain, anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience because of your injuries, you can seek compensation for these damages.
- Loss of enjoyment: If you can no longer enjoy hobbies, sports, or other activities you once enjoyed because of your injuries, you could be entitled to recover loss of enjoyment damages.
Our attorneys can develop a compelling argument to explain why you are entitled to non-economic damages. We can calculate your non-economic damages to determine the value of compensation we will seek in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accidents lawyer serving Sugar Land, call 877-239-4878
Benefits of Loncar Lyon Jenkins
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we are committed attorneys who give each case and client the personal attention needed. We prepare each case as though it will go to trial. Insurance companies and opposing attorneys know we are willing to try cases. Because of this, they are more likely to propose an acceptable settlement offer. Other benefits of choosing our firm include:
- We provide free case evaluations. If you believe you might have a slip and fall case, reach out to our firm to find out. A member of our legal team is available 24/7 to listen to what happened and explain your legal options.
- We can meet virtually. If you are unable to travel to our Sugar Land office, we will meet virtually to discuss your case.
- We accommodate Spanish-speaking clients. We have Spanish-speaking team members at our firm.
We Work on a Contingency Fee
Many of our clients come to us with financial struggles because of their injuries. Being out of work or paying high medical bills can cause a lot of financial strain. We work on a contingency fee so our clients do not pay for our legal services unless we are successful at recovering compensation for your losses. If you don’t recover money, we don’t get paid
Sugar Land Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
What To Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
After you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, there are steps you can take that could help your case. They include:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, they could worsen over time. Medical documentation could be important evidence.
- Document what happened. As soon as possible, document the details of what happened during the accident. You may forget details of what occurred so filling this out as soon as possible can be helpful.
- Gather evidence from the scene. Take photos of anything you can to prove how the accident occurred. Also, take photos of your injuries. Look around to determine if any surveillance cameras could have recorded the accident on video.
- Wait to give a statement to the insurance company. A Sugar Land slip and fall lawyer at our firm can guide you on what to say to insurance companies. We could also handle communications on your behalf.
- Consider working with an attorney. The attorneys at our firm have handled many slip and fall accident cases. We understand legal barriers that could arise and know how to negotiate with insurance companies and opposing attorneys. We can help you have a better chance at recovering compensation.
Contact our Sugar Land Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys today
Our Firm Will Be The Strong Arm You Can Lean on During Your Slip and Fall Accident Case
Since 1988, we have been helping clients recover compensation and holding the liable party accountable. Contact our firm today for a free consultation.