You should be able to expect reasonably safe conditions when you visit someone else’s property. If a hazard existed where you were shopping, dining, or socializing, we can help you seek compensation for injuries caused by a slip and fall.
Our slip and fall lawyers will help you seek recovery for your medical bills, lost income, and other damages. The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins in McAllen can help.
Injury Victims in McAllen Can Recuperate Their Losses
One of our slip and fall accident lawyers from Loncar Lyon Jenkins will typically start by reviewing your case’s information and determining whether you have grounds for legal action. If so, we will seek the following losses on your behalf:
- The cost of your past, present, and future medical care
- Lost income and reduced future earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we sympathize with the physical, emotional, and financial challenges slip and fall injury victims face. We will gather all necessary evidence to prove your case and handle the whole process for you. We will work to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible.
Filing for Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one to a slip and fall accident, you could pursue compensation if you qualify, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.002. We can determine your eligibility for pursuing wrongful death-related damages, which may comprise:
- Funeral expenses
- End-of-life healthcare bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance and household benefits
- Pain and suffering
We can help you with every part of a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
We Investigate Your Slip and Fall Accident Case
Every injury case requires solid evidence, and this is also true of slip and fall accidents. To have an actionable injury claim, we will need to show that someone else’s negligence led to your injuries.
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 75.002, you could hold property owners accountable for unsafe conditions on their premises. In a premises liability case, you must demonstrate that because the property owner did not maintain a safe premises, you were injured.
Our injury lawyers will work to prove that:
- The property owner had an obligation to maintain a reasonably safe area.
- They breached this duty of care by allowing hazards to exist on the property or fail to warn others of the danger.
- Their negligence was the direct cause of your fall and injuries.
- Your injuries led to damages.
To prove these elements, we can use information from a variety of sources, including witness statements, security camera footage, past violations on the premises, and accident reports. Once we have compelling evidence, we will issue our demand letter to the liable party.
Why Choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins?
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we represent more than 7,000 personal injury claimants across the Lone Star State. We pair the resources of a big law firm with a small firm’s personalized attention.
When you work with our team, you can expect:
- Representation at no upfront cost. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you do not pay us anything unless we recover money for you. No hourly rates or retainers are required when you work with us.
- Preparation for litigation. Even though we begin most cases as insurance claims, we prepare every case as though it’s headed for trial. We gather evidence to prove the extent of your losses and the other party’s liability.
- Availability to take your call 24/7. We are standing by both day and night to answer your questions about your case and help you get started.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Can Work with the Insurance Company
The back-and-forth conversations with an insurance company can be time-consuming and draining. We will deal with this entire process on your behalf.
We will Handle Any Necessary Communication for You
There are many reasons why it could be advantageous to leave all communications with the insurance company to us. Not only can negotiations be energy-consuming for you, but the conversations you have with an insurance company could substantially affect – or reduce – the value of your case.
An insurance company may:
- Ask you to make a recorded statement: If an insurer contacts you and asks you to make a recorded comment about the accident, know that you are under no obligation to do so. In fact, making a statement like this can be used to shift blame for the accident on you.
- Make you a low initial offer: It could be tempting to accept an offer if an insurance company contacts you soon after your fall. However, an early offer could be a low one. We advise that you avoid accepting an offer until you understand the full cost of your injuries and related losses.
You don’t have to deal with any of these concerns on your own. We can protect your case and advocate for your best interests.
We will Seek a Fair Settlement
In many cases, the insurance company refuses to pay out what the injured party is entitled to. They may try to claim that:
- You caused your own fall and injuries. An insurer may argue that your choice of footwear led to your fall, for instance. We will be prepared to fight back against false claims of your own liability.
- Your injuries aren’t as severe as you claim. An insurer may also try to suggest that your injuries are milder than they are or your treatments are not required. We will show the extent of your injuries based on evidence from your medical records and more.
You don’t have to deal with unfair insurance tactics on your own. If the insurer refuses to offer you a fair settlement, we can negotiate or even take your case to trial.
Deadlines for Texas Slip and Fall Lawsuits
The sooner you take action, the better. You should keep in mind that certain important forms of evidence may disappear if you wait too long to take action. Also, you want to consider the state’s statute of limitations.
The statute of limitations is a civil deadline that limits the amount of time you have to recuperate money through the civil court system. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 allows two years to file an injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
If you contact our office in time, we can work to ensure that your case meets this important deadline. If you are unsure about how the statute of limitations may affect your case now, you can call our office to learn more.
We Offer Initial Case Evaluations
If you have questions about your case and want the help of a slip and fall accident lawyer from our team, Loncar Lyon Jenkins is here to help.
During your free call with a member of our team, you can ask us:
- How much your McAllen case could be worth
- What damages you could qualify to seek
- How we will communicate with you throughout your case
- What next steps we could take to represent you
The call is free, and there is no obligation.
Call in the Strong Arm to Get Started on Your Case
Loncar Lyon Jenkins doesn’t shy away from tough cases. We love a good fight, and we won’t hesitate to bring your case to trial if necessary.
Call us now at (877) 239-4878 for your free initial case evaluation.