If you experienced serious injuries due to the reckless actions of another driver in McAllen, you may be entitled to compensation. While each personal injury case is different, you may be able to recover your medical costs, lost wages, and receive compensation for your pain and suffering.
From negotiating with insurance companies to presenting before a jury, a McAllen car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you.
We represent clients on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front payments necessary. To learn more about our services and for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call us today at 800-777-7777.
Examples of Driver Negligence
Millions of people possess a driver’s license, yet it only takes one dangerous driver to change your life forever. There are numerous reasons why another driver may cause you serious injury, but there are no excuses for their negligence.
The following types of negligent actions could make a driver liable for the accidents they cause
- Distraction: this includes inattention due to cellphone use and other actions that remove the driver’s eyes from the road, their hands from the wheel, and their mind from the task of driving
- Failing to control speed: exceeding posted speed limits places other drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists at risk for serious harm.
- Following too closely: purposely tailgating is a form of aggressive driving and can cause rear-end accidents.
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI): driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can impair a driver and cause an accident.
- Violating a traffic law: any violation of traffic law, such as failure to yield, running a red light, or an illegal lane change, may be considered a negligent action
These are just a few examples of how a driver can lose control of their vehicle, crash, and cause harm to others.
If you suffered serious injuries due to a car accident that was no fault of your own, a McAllen car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to represent you. To discuss your case and your legal options in a free consultation with a member of our team, call us today at 800-777-7777.
All Practice Areas we serve in McAllen
- Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents
- Left Turn Accidents
- Wrong Way Accidents
- Texting While Driving Accidents
- Passenger Vehicle Accidents
- Road Condition Accidents
- Defective Vehicle Parts Accidents
- Taxicab Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Improper Lane Changes Accidents
- Exceeding Posted Speed Limits Accidents
- Driver Fatigue Accidents
- Street Racing Accidents
- Tire Blowout Accidents
- Loose Objects Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving McAllen, call 800-777-7777
When Negligence Results in Death
Not all accident victims survive their injuries. If you lost a close loved one due to negligence or the misconduct of another driver, Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you with a wrongful death lawsuit.
Each wrongful death case is different, and the outcome of your case may depend upon the details of your loved one’s accident and your relationship to them. Common types of compensation possible in wrongful death cases include:
- Reimbursement for the final medical expenses for the decedent
- Costs associated with a funeral, burial, or memorial service
- Loss of income that contributed to your household expenses
- Loss of potential future earnings had the decedent lived
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of companionship
Financial compensation cannot replace the void left by the death of your loved one. It can, however, potentially ease the financial stress you feel during your time of grief.
The sudden and unexpected death of your loved one deserves accountability from the driver responsible for your loss. Take a step toward possible compensation by pursuing civil litigation with a member of our legal team.
McAllen Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Working With a Lawyer on Your Case
A McAllen car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can handle all aspects of your case when we represent you. This may include:
- Investigating your case
- Identifying the liable party
- Gathering evidence of their liability and the extent of your injuries
- Hiring accident reconstruction and medical experts to testify in your defense
- Negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Taking your case to trial if they are unwilling to make you a fair settlement offer
We can also handle all legal communications, paperwork, and deadlines when we represent you.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
The Statute of Limitations on Your Case
Keep in mind that the Texas statute limitations for both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits is generally two years, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. If you miss the deadline for filing your case, you may be barred from recovering compensation via a lawsuit.
The time immediately following a serious crash is often filled with doctors’ appointments and drastic changes to your life. By letting our team handle the details of your case, you can devote your attention to your medical care.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm of Loncar Lyon Jenkins for Your Car Accident Injuries
A McAllen car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins understands the overwhelming mix of emotions you may feel during this challenging time. We can explain your options and let you know that we are on your side.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we listen to our clients and can keep you informed every step of the way, so you never have to wonder about the status of your case.
A personal injury lawsuit for your car accident injuries may result in compensation for damages such as:
- Current and future costs of medical treatment
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- And more
To discuss if your case qualifies for a personal injury or a wrongful death lawsuit, contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins as soon as possible. A free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our team is available when you call us at 800-777-7777.
We offer representation on a contingency-fee basis. In this type of arrangement, you do not pay for our attorney’s fees unless and until you recover compensation in a settlement offer or court award.