Whiplash is a serious injury that often occurs in rear-end car accidents. If you were injured in an accident in Corpus Christi, TX, Loncar Lyon Jenkins’ Corpus Christi whiplash injury lawyer can help you understand your rights and protect them while you seek recovery. They can also determine the next steps you should take, including legal action against a negligent party.
While whiplash is significant enough on its own, it can cause even more severe damage combined with other injuries. Therefore, we offer accident victims a free consultation to evaluate their claims and the range of damages they can pursue. You can call us today for a free consultation. We accept no money upfront if we agree to represent you. We only get paid if you win your case.
What Damages Can I Recover for My Whiplash Injury?
If you were injured in a car accident and suffered whiplash, you likely have unexpected expenses. You are probably wondering how you will recover financially from these damages. Without adequate compensation, it can be challenging to make ends meet. But as the victim, you deserve restitution for these costs through a whiplash injury settlement. We can request fair compensation from the negligent driver’s insurance provider and manage talks with them.
In typical cases, a victim of a whiplash car collision may be able to claim damages for the following:
- Medical expenses, including necessary emergency care for neck injuries, soft tissue injuries, and more
- Medication prescribed to treat your whiplash and other injuries.
- Physical therapy.
- Vehicle damage (repairs or replacement if the vehicle is a total loss)
- Lost income and other earnings from any time you had to miss work.
- Loss of potential income if you have other injuries that result in a permanent disability.
- Medical equipment deemed necessary in your treatment.
- Physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering (e.g., emotional trauma, emotional distress, mental anguish)
Emotional damages from a Corpus Christi whiplash accident can be complicated to calculate. You also may not be able to claim damages for all of the above items. In addition, every case is unique, but contacting a Corpus Christi lawyer can help you determine the structure of your case and how you can go about recovering financial compensation. Our personal injury lawyers will seek the maximum recovery for you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Hiring a Whiplash Injury Attorney Serving Corpus Christi, TX
We understand that many victims are nervous about legal representation fees, especially when dealing with the aftermath of an accident and the idea of holding a liable driver accountable. However, we do not think that should hold you back from getting the financial recovery you need, especially for an accident you did not cause.
Our law firm accepts personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning:
- There are no upfront costs or fees.
- We will agree on a final percentage in advance.
- You can pay directly from your settlement offer.
- You do not have to pay us anything if we do not win your accident lawsuit case.
Whether you are considering a lawsuit or an insurance claim, talking to a knowledgeable whiplash lawyer who can review applicable damages and manage the entire settlement negotiation process for you can set you on the right path. Regardless of the severity of your whiplash, if you suffered injuries due to another’s negligence, you are most likely eligible to receive compensation for your financial damages.
Symptoms Associated with Whiplash Injuries
If you think you have whiplash, consult a medical professional immediately, especially after an accident. Your lawyer can use your medical report as evidence for your claim. If you receive emergency medical care after a motor vehicle accident, you can show how the collision directly caused your injuries.
Whiplash symptoms often do not show up for a day or two after an accident. Because of this, you must keep a close eye on your health and get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you feel completely fine, it is better to be sure. Also, remember that various types of injuries can present differently depending on the person who got hurt.
Symptoms commonly associated with whiplash include the following:
- Numbness. People with whiplash injuries typically experience numbness in particular areas, especially the upper arms and shoulders. Do not ignore this numbness, as it could signify a more severe injury. Instead, consult a doctor or other medical professional.
- Blurred vision. The inflammation from muscle strain can cause pressure on the optic nerve, leading to blurred vision.
- Difficulty sleeping. After an accident, victims may sometimes be restless due to stress. If this persists, consult a doctor.
- Unexplained pain. If you have pain in the days following an accident, do not try to tough out your injuries. Instead, listen to your body and contact your doctor.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Is There a Deadline to File My Corpus Christi Whiplash Injury Case?
Yes. Personal injury cases have filing deadlines in Texas. For example, car accident victims in the state must abide by the statute of limitations, the time limit injury victims have to sue liable parties for accident losses. For personal injury and wrongful death cases in Texas, the statute of limitations is generally two years, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. In almost all these cases, a victim must file within the two-year deadline.
Two years can seem like a long time, but when recovering from injuries, dealing with car repair bills, and getting back to normal life, that time can slip away from you. Your lawyer will need time to build a strong case for a personal injury lawsuit, and to do that, they must gather evidence of the accident, the injuries suffered, and the financial value of your case.
To protect your right to sue those responsible, you must file your case within the time frame. If it expires, you lose your right to seek recovery. Our personal injury attorneys will take care of this and other case-related tasks if you hire us to manage your case.
5 Facts to Know About Whiplash Injuries
- Whiplash is a term commonly associated with car accidents, but what does it mean?
- Whiplash is caused by your neck’s muscles, nerves, and tendons being bent forward and backward quickly.
- Whiplash is caused as victims’ bodies are thrown forward and then pulled back quickly by the seat belt. This causes extensive damage, particularly to the soft tissue area around your neck and upper shoulders.
- Whiplash can leave victims unable to work (or even drive) for long periods.
- In the most severe cases, whiplash can also cause permanent injuries.
How Do I Treat Whiplash?
Treatment for whiplash injuries includes:
- Prescription medication for the pain
- Rest and recovery time
- Injuries prescribed by a medical professional
Even under the best care, whiplash symptoms can last for a long time. While most victims are healed within six months, some deal with pain for many more years, sometimes for the rest of their lives.
What Can Cause Whiplash?
Whiplash often happens in rear-end car accidents but can occur in almost any accident. This back-and-forth shifting of the neck often happens in two-vehicle rear-end crashes. However, it can still occur in many other ways.
Whiplash can also be caused by:
- Bicycle accidents
- Train accidents
- Sports injuries (particularly football)
- Bus accidents
- Construction accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Contact Our Corpus Christi Whiplash Injury Lawyers for Legal Help Today
Our legal team is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve following your whiplash accident. The Corpus Christi whiplash injury attorneys from Loncar Lyon Jenkins are available to help you today with a free consultation.
Get your questions answered and let a team of legal experts guide you through a complex process. Contact our law firm today.