Whiplash is a very serious injury that often occurs in rear-end car accidents. If you were injured in an accident in Corpus Christi, Loncar Lyon Jenkins has a Corpus Christi whiplash injury lawyer who can help you understand your rights and determine the next steps you should take.
While whiplash is significant enough on its own, it can cause even more severe damage combined with other injuries. Therefore, we offer accident victims a free consultation to evaluate their claims.
5 Facts to Know About Whiplash
- Whiplash is a term commonly associated with car accidents, but what does it mean?
- Whiplash is caused by your neck’s muscles, nerves, and tendons being bent forwards and backward quickly.
- Whiplash is caused as victims’ bodies are thrown forward and then pulled back quickly by the seat belt. This causes extensive damage, particularly to the soft tissue area around your neck and upper shoulders.
- Whiplash can leave victims unable to work (or even drive) for long periods.
- In the most severe cases, whiplash can also cause permanent injuries.
Treatment for whiplash injuries includes:
- Prescription medication for the pain
- Rest and recovery time
- Injuries prescribed by a medical professional
Even under the best care, whiplash symptoms can last for a long time. While most victims are healed within six months, some deal with pain for many more years, sometimes for the rest of their lives.
What Can Cause Whiplash?
Whiplash often happens in rear-end car accidents but can occur in almost any accident, even truck accidents. This back and forth shifting of the neck often happens in two-vehicle rear-end crashes. However, it can still occur in many other ways.
Whiplash can also be caused by:
- Bicycle accidents
- Train accidents
- Sports injuries (particularly football)
- Bus accidents
- Construction accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 877-239-4878
What Damages Can I Recover for My Whiplash Injury?
If you were injured in a car accident and suffered whiplash, you have likely faced several unexpected expenses. You are probably wondering how you will be able to recover financially from these damages. Without compensation, it can be difficult. But as the victim, you deserve restitution for these costs through a whiplash injury settlement.
In typical cases, a victim of a whiplash car accident may be able to claim damages for the following:
- Medical care, including any necessary emergency care.
- Medication prescribed to treat your whiplash and other injuries.
- Any necessary physical therapy
- Damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from any time you were forced to miss work.
- Loss of potential income if you have other injuries that result in a permanent disability.
- Medical equipment deemed necessary in your treatment.
- Pain and suffering
Emotional damages from the accident can be complicated to calculate. And you may not be able to claim damages for all of the above items. In addition, every case is unique, but contacting a Corpus Christi lawyer can help you determine the structure of your claim.
Corpus Christi Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Is There a Deadline to File My Whiplash Injury Case?
Cases like these have deadlines. For example, victims of car accidents in Texas are subject to a statute of limitations.
Texas Statute of Limitations: the amount of time a victim has to file a claim. For personal injury and wrongful death cases in Texas, the statute of limitations is two years, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. In almost all of these cases, a victim must file within the two-year deadline.
Two years can seem like a long time, but when recovering from injuries, dealing with car repair bills, and getting back to normal life, that time can slip away from you. So protect your rights and file within the necessary time frame.
Hiring a Whiplash Injury Attorney Serving Corpus Christi
We understand that many victims are nervous about legal fees, especially when dealing with the aftermath of an accident. But we do not think that should hold you back from getting the compensation you need. Our law firm works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning:
- No upfront costs or fees
- We will agree on a final percentage in advance
- You can pay directly from your settlement offer
- If we do not win, you do not have to pay us anything
Whether you are considering a lawsuit or simply an insurance claim, talking to a knowledgeable whiplash lawyer can set you on the right path. Regardless of the severity of your whiplash, if you were injured due to another’s negligence, you are most likely eligible to receive compensation for your damages.
Contact our Corpus Christi Whiplash Injury Attorneys today
Symptoms Associated with Whiplash Injuries
If you think you may have whiplash, consult a medical professional immediately. Your lawyer can use your medical report as evidence for your claim.
Symptoms from whiplash often do not show up for a day or two after an accident. Because of this, it is imperative to keep a close eye on your health and get medical treatment. Even if you feel completely fine, it is better to be sure. Also, remember that injuries can present themselves differently with different victims.
Symptoms that are commonly associated with whiplash include:
- People with whiplash injuries typically experience numbness in particular areas, especially the upper arms and shoulders. Do not ignore this numbness, as it could be a sign of a more severe injury. Instead, consult a doctor or other medical professional.
- Blurred vision. The inflammation from muscle strain can cause pressure on the optic nerve, leading to blurred vision.
- Difficulty sleeping. After an accident, victims may sometimes be restless due to the stress. If this persists, consult a doctor.
- Unexplained pain. If you have pain in the days following an accident, do not try to tough out your injuries. Instead, listen to your body and contact your doctor.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Corpus Christi Whiplash Injury Lawyers for Help Today
Our legal team is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve following your whiplash accident. The Corpus Christi whiplash injury attorneys from Loncar Lyon Jenkins are available to help you today with a free consultation. Get your questions answered, and let a team of legal experts guide you through a complex process. Contact our law firm today.