If you or a loved one sustained a catastrophic injury, your life will forever be changed. If you sustain damage to your body, it might never heal as it was before. You might have no idea how to move forward. You might also be faced with medical bills that continue to increase.
Our personal injury team understands sustaining a catastrophic injury can be overwhelming. Our Galveston catastrophic injury lawyers can help you recover the compensation you need and hold the responsible party accountable. We will be the Strong Arm you can lean on for support after a traumatic event.
How Much Your Galveston Catastrophic Injury Case Could Be Worth
The value of your catastrophic injury case varies based on the circumstances of the accident and the injuries. To determine the value of your case, our attorneys would review your damages. Damages are the money the court orders a negligent party to pay for causing injury. You could recover:
- Medical bills: Emergency care, hospitalizations, surgeries, diagnostic testing, ongoing medical care, and medications.
- Future medical care: Catastrophic injuries may require extensive medical care far in the future.
- Lost income: The income you lost while you recovered from your accident can be recovered.
- Diminished earning capacity: If your injuries are so severe that you cannot work at all or in the same capacity, you can include lost future income. This includes recovery of the monetary losses from losing retirement or medical benefits if you cannot return to work at all.
- Pain and suffering: If you suffer from pain from your injuries, you could include pain and suffering damages.
- Emotional distress: If you suffer from negative psychological impacts from the accident, you could include emotional distress damages to your claim.
- Loss of enjoyment: If your injuries are so severe you cannot enjoy hobbies, sports, or other activities you once enjoyed, you could include loss of enjoyment damages.
If you lost your loved one because of the accident, we offer our condolences. It can be devastating to lose a loved one so suddenly. We will fight for you and your family to recover compensation for your losses. Damages you could recover after a loved one passes away include:
- End-of-life medical care: Any lifesaving measures taken at the hospital or hospice center.
- Funeral costs: The costs for the burial and funeral costs or cremation.
- Loss of consortium: Loss of consortium damages refer to the loss of companionship or support your loved one provided before their passing.
A lawyer from our firm can calculate the value of your damages to determine the potential amount of compensation you could recover.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Galveston, call 877-239-4878
How a Galveston Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Can Help With Your Injury Case
Without legal counsel, you could lose out on all of the compensation you are entitled to. The attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can advocate for you to recover fair compensation. The benefits of choosing our firm to represent you include:
- Our attorneys give each case and client personal attention.
- If you are unable to visit our Galveston office because of the severity of your injuries, our attorneys can meet virtually to discuss the details of your case.
- We prepare all cases like they are going to trial. If a settlement cannot be reached, our attorneys will already be prepared to fight for your right to recover compensation in front of a jury.
- A member of our staff is available 24/7 and we have Spanish-speaking staff members.
Our Team’s Representation Will Not Put More Financial Strain on You
At our firm, we don’t want to add to the financial stress our clients may already be facing. That is why we offer:
- Free consultations to every potential client.
- Work on a contingency fee basis: There are no upfront fees or costs. You do not have to pay for our representation until we reach a successful outcome with your case.
Galveston Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How Long You Have to File a Lawsuit in Texas After a Catastrophic Injury
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states you have two years from the accident date to file a personal injury claim. While two years may seem like a long time, contacting an attorney soon after the accident can help your case. This gives our attorneys time to develop a solid case strategy.
Contact our Galveston Catastrophic Injury Attorneys today
Long-Term Consequences of a Catastrophic Injury
Catastrophic injuries can have a serious impact on your life. Injuries that would be considered “catastrophic” include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputations or the loss of a limb
- Severe burns
- Any injury that will result in long-term impairment or disability
Proving the Other Party Was Negligent
Each of these injuries could affect you for the rest of your life. If you are dealing with a severe injury because of the negligent actions of someone else, they should be held accountable. Our attorneys can help you prove the other party’s negligence caused your injuries by establishing the following:
- Duty of care: The defendant owed the plaintiff a standard level of care.
- Breach of duty: The defendant breached their duty by failing to provide reasonable care.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty caused the accident.
- Damages: The accident harmed the plaintiff.
We can investigate the circumstances of your case to help prove the other party was responsible for your injuries and acted negligently.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today About Your Galveston Catastrophic Injury
Since 1988, we have been helping our clients recover the compensation they deserve. You should not be left with the financial burden when someone else was responsible for your injuries. The catastrophic injury lawyers at our firm are committed to helping our Galveston clients move on with their life. We can manage your personal injury claim.
You shouldn’t have to worry about the financial impact the accident caused. Contact us today for a free consultation with a member of our legal team. During the consultation, we will go over the details of your case and explain your legal rights. Our team can help after a car accident or premises liability injury.