Anyone who has worked in an oilfield knows they are dangerous places with countless ways to get hurt. Unfortunately, injury and fatality rates at these sites are rising in Texas and elsewhere.
If you have been injured in an accident on a Galveston oilfield caused by negligence, or if your employer is a non-subscriber to workers’ compensation insurance, our Galveston personal injury lawyers can help. A Galveston oilfield accident lawyer from our team will use their extensive experience to fight for your right to fair compensation via a settlement or judgment.
Seeking Compensation for Your Oilfield Accident Injuries
If your employer offers workers’ compensation coverage, you can generally file an insurance claim to cover your medical treatment and lost wages. However, not all oilfield operators in Texas have this coverage.
If your employer does not have workers’ comp insurance, or if a negligent third party caused your injuries, a Galveston oilfield accident lawyer from our team can help you seek compensation for your losses. Our personal injury attorneys will determine the oilfield accident’s cause and the cost and severity of your injuries to arrive at a fair compensation settlement amount.
You may be able to recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses you suffered. Economic losses are financial losses resulting from the accident. These losses may include:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses, such as hospital stays, ambulance rides, physical therapy, surgery, prescriptions, long-term care, rehab, and secondary expenses related to your medical needs, including transportation to and from medical appointments
- Reduced income if you cannot work while you recover
- Loss of income if you cannot ever return to work or must change to a lower-paying position due to your injury
- Other out-of-pocket expenses resulting from your injuries, such as paying for housekeeping services or childcare
- Personal property damaged during the accident, such as a phone or laptop
Non-economic losses have a monetary value for purposes of compensation, but they do not come with an invoice or receipt. These losses may include but are not limited to:
- Physical and mental pain and suffering caused by your accident, injuries, and necessary treatments
- Physical disfigurement or impairment that may permanently change your life
- Loss of life enjoyment when a significant injury changes the way you think and act with those close to you, as well as your ability to do things you previously enjoyed
- Reputational damage
If you lost a loved one in an oilfield accident, please accept our condolences. Our goal for you and your family is to find the justice and appropriate compensation you all deserve. Our Galveston wrongful death attorneys can help your family seek compensation for funeral and burial costs, loss of household income, the decedent’s medical expenses, and more.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Building Your Case With Our Galveston Oilfield Accident Attorneys
Recovering from an oilfield accident requires all of your strength and focus. Your job is to do everything possible to regain your health. Our law firm’s job is to protect your rights and support your pursuit of appropriate compensation.
We will begin by investigating your accident, which may include:
- Gathering police and medical reports of the incident and your injuries, CCTV or other image data, eyewitness statements, physical evidence, and historical and present-day information about the oilfield, company, supervisors, and everyone linked to the accident
- Identifying potential liable parties based on the evidence, such as third-party contractors or oilfield equipment manufacturers
Once your Galveston oilfield accident lawyer has determined what happened and who was responsible, our legal team will assist in building your claim and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. If we cannot reach a fair agreement, we will prepare for trial and represent you in court, seeking a fair financial recovery.
We will ensure you are informed and involved in each phase of the process, and we can help you with any ancillary issues that may come up during your legal journey.
We are proud to have helped thousands of accident victims successfully fight for justice. Here are some thoughts shared by a few of our former clients:
- “Tony got me way more than I expected. He and everyone in the office were very polite. I was literally speechless when he presented the settlement amount to me. He is a busy man and responded to my every inquiry in a timely manner. Thank you Tony!” – Naomi S.
- “Wonderful excellent stayed in very effective communication with me without having to haunt or chase him down … kept me updated throughout the process and even helped with a small issue after the process was over ! I definitely recommend :)” – Andrea S.
- “The professionals at Loncar took care of my personal injury claim with efficiency. I feel confident to say that they worked diligently to get me fair results.” – Christal N.
- “Very diligent and successful in pursuing what I believed was a hopeless situation… They kept me up to date and didn’t give up. They have been very accommodating.” – Mia J.
Filing a Timely Oilfield Accident Lawsuit
At any point during the legal process, you may file a lawsuit to pursue fair compensation. However, we must file within two years, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. If we do not meet this deadline, a judge will likely throw out your case. This is one reason why it’s important to start working on your claim as soon as possible.
Rule of Negligence in Texas
Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001, Texas follows a modified comparative negligence rule in personal injury cases. As long as you are no more than 50% responsible for the injury, you may pursue compensation. If you are more than 50% responsible, you may not do so.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Yes, You Can Afford the Professional Help of our Galveston Attorneys
We offer free case evaluations to oilfield accident injury victims. We know you have questions, and we invite you to the office closest to you. If you cannot leave your home or the hospital, we can connect virtually.
Should this meeting result in an agreement to move forward with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we will work for you on a contingency-fee basis. This means you will not pay us any attorney’s fees unless and until we recover compensation for you.
You can have the comfort of working with a legal professional without the stress of up-front payments.
Get Help From Our Galveston Oilfield Accident Lawyers Today
Our Galveston oilfield injury attorneys will do what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for your free case consultation. We’re ready to fight for you and your family.