A motorcycle accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you prepare your case and secure compensation after a Garland, TX, collision. You might be able to collect a payout for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
Our personal injury team will review your case’s details with you during a complimentary consultation. We can help you understand your rights and the necessary steps to seek financial recovery based on your crash and injuries. You can learn more today during an initial consultation.
Our Garland Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Advocate for Your Payout
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our legal team fights for the financial and physical recovery of injured accident victims in Garland. We advocate on behalf of more than 7,000 claimants every year. We represent injured motorcycle accident victims and loved ones who lost a family member in a motorcycle collision.
Our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. We never ask accident victims to pay anything up front or out of their pockets. Instead, we collect our attorney’s fees from a monetary settlement agreement or verdict we secure in their cases. If there is no payout for our client, our attorneys do not get paid.
The Services We Provide for Claimants Depend on Their Specific Needs
When one of our motorcycle accident lawyers represents a Garland crash victim, we provide the legal services they need based on the unique details of their accident and other circumstances. No two cases have the same evidence to require the same approach.
Common services we provide for clients include:
- Negotiating with an insurer for an out-of-court agreement
- Answering questions and providing counsel about their case
- Enlisting the help of experts who can help support the case
- Investigating the accident and naming liable parties
- Identifying and gathering key evidence
- Confirming negligence and liability with proof
- Protecting the client’s rights
- Fighting for the best interests of our client
Our team believes it is important to treat every case like it will go to trial. We prepare every claim like we will need to present strong evidence to a judge and jury, ensuring not only that we have a solid argument for compensation but that the at-fault driver and their insurance company know we are serious about taking the case to court if that becomes necessary.
This may allow us to reach a fair and just settlement with the insurance company quickly without suing their policyholder. However, if a lawsuit is necessary, we are ready.
Securing Compensation for Your Garland Motorcycle Crash and Injuries
There is no way to know how much your case might be worth at this point. Each case is different. The Loncar Lyon Jenkins motorcycle accident lawyers can help clients understand the potential settlement value of their case during the investigation.
To put an accurate settlement value on a case, our Garland motorcycle rider accident lawyers must gather evidence to document:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income (past, present, ongoing)
- Repair or replacement of the motorcycle (property damage)
- Other accident-related expenses
We will also need to work with experts who can help us understand:
- Future medical attention you may need
- Ongoing care costs, such as rehabilitation
- Diminished earning capacity
Lastly, our dedicated attorneys can seek non-economic damages for our clients as well. This includes damages for the physical pain and suffering and emotional distress they suffered due to their accident.
Pursuing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit for a Loved One Lost in a Garland Motorcycle Accident
Families whose loved ones died of their Garland motorcycle collision injuries might be able to recover wrongful death damages under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.002. These losses include the family’s direct expenses and intangible losses they experienced and continue to experience. These can include:
- Funeral expenses, including burial and cremation costs
- Accident-related medical costs the decedent incurred before their passing
- Lost income the decedent would have earned had they survived the accident
- Loss of consortium, parental guidance, and household benefits
- Pain and suffering the decedent experienced before their passing
Our law firm can help you understand these damages and how to pursue them during your free case evaluation.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Proving Another Driver Caused Your Garland Motorcycle Crash
When you work with a motorcycle accident attorney from Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we take care of investigating your crash, identifying all liable parties, proving their negligence and how they caused the accident, and building the case against the other driver. All injury accident cases require us to show:
- The negligent driver violated a traffic law in Garland or otherwise acted carelessly.
- This behavior caused the injured party’s collision.
- You, the injured party, suffered compensatory financial damages and physical and emotional losses in the crash.
The evidence available to prove this and hold them liable will vary depending on the details of the accident. However, we know the steps to take to identify, gather, and analyze this proof. This could include:
- Obtaining all pertinent documents, such as medical records and incident reports
- Canvassing for witnesses who can give their accounts of what happened
- Viewing nearby traffic camera and surveillance video of the accident scene
- Working with accident reconstruction experts and others to explain how the accident occurred and its impact on your life
In some cases, one of our lawyers can access evidence that you could not or would not know to look for if you tried to handle your insurance claim or lawsuit on your own. This evidence could include critical proof of exactly what happened, such as video footage of the accident.
How Long You Have to Sue a Negligent Party in Texas
There are statute of limitations deadlines on suing the at-fault driver in motorcycle accident cases. Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, the deadline in injury and wrongful death cases is generally two years.
Exceptions to this rule are not uncommon, though. You may need to take action much sooner or have longer to decide the best course of action. If you miss this deadline, you risk losing your chance to hold the negligent party accountable for your losses.
To find out about the timelines for your case based on your unique circumstances and the facts of your crash, let our motorcycle accident team review your case for you for free. If we handle your case, we will file it within the statute of limitations.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What to Do After a Garland Motorcycle Accident
After an accident occurs, motorcyclists who pursue damages via the legal process must protect their case from the beginning. If you are in this situation, there are things you can do to ensure you have what you need to prove your case:
- See a doctor promptly after the accident and ensure you follow your medical treatment plan as directed for all injuries. If you don’t follow the entire plan for maximum medical improvement (MMI), the opposing side could argue your injuries aren’t as serious as you claim.
- Consult with an attorney about any potential settlement offers you could receive from an insurance company. Typically, these offers fall short of an injured person’s needs. An attorney can advise you on whether you should accept the offer. They can also seek a higher award if they handle negotiations with an insurance company.
- Avoid posting about or discussing the Garland motorcycle accident on social media. Insurance companies and others can access or view your social media and seek to undercut your case. Do not post any photos, videos, or status updates. Encourage friends and family to avoid posting information as well.
Speak With a Team Member From Our Garland Motorcycle Accident Team for Free Today
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in Garland, Texas, you can call in the Strong Arm to fight for you.
We will review your case for free, develop a case and seek monetary recovery and represent you with no upfront costs to your family. Call today to discuss your auto accident case with our team during a no-obligation consultation.