Accidents caused by improper turns can be among the most severe on the road, due to the high difference in speed of vehicles. If you were hurt by an improperly turning driver, Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you recover financially through the legal process while you heal.
You can contact us today for a free consultation. We may be able to assign a Dallas accident caused by improper turns lawyer to your case.
Texas Laws Regarding Proper Turns
Texas Transportation Code § 545.101 mandates that drivers make safe, common-sense turns at intersections. It is a legal requirement that drivers turn right from the right-hand lane and left from the left-hand lane. Drivers must make sensible turns and not turn too late. Violations of § 545.101 law may look like:
- Someone running a red light
- A left turn from the right-hand lane across a lane of traffic
- A U-turn where it is prohibited
- Someone disobeying a traffic control officer
- A driver running a stop sign
Any of these violations create a roadway situation that can, and often does, result in injury, damage to property, or loss of life. Our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins helps families and individuals who were hurt by dangerous drivers making illegal turns.
When you choose the Strong Arm, you can expect us to fight for your rights to the completion of your case while you focus on recovering your health and lifestyle. We encourage you to call our office today for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Improper Turns Accidents lawyer serving Dallas, call 877-239-4878
Possible Compensation for Victims of Accidents Caused by an Improper Turn
Not a day went by in 2018 without a tragic roadway fatality in the Lone Star State, per the Texas Department of Transportation. There is not always an at-fault driver in cases of traffic fatalities. Still, when an at-fault driver is brought to trial, they can be held legally liable for the financial damages which may include:
- End-of-life services
- Coroner invoices
- Transportation costs
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
Our hearts go out to families who have lost a loved one to these roadway collisions. We hope to help and will be glad to inform you of your rights and how we have helped similar clients.
Other Recoverable Car Accident Damages
For survivors of these serious intersection collisions, injuries range as widely as you can imagine. Only a trained, licensed medical professional can provide a legally acceptable diagnosis for injuries.
If your injuries are proven in court and a defendant is found liable, you might be able to recover damages for costs such as:
- Medical bills
- Prescription costs
- Mental health therapy
- Physical therapy
- Lost historically expected income
- Mechanic bills for a damaged vehicle
- Fair market value of a totaled vehicle
- Pain and suffering
If we take on your case, a lawyer from our team will explain what these total amounts might look like in your case and fight to help you recover the amount you deserve.
Dallas Improper Turns Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How an Attorney Can Help After Improper Turning Caused an Accident
Repairing your health after an accident is the top priority. The law requires claimants or victims to do their best to limit further damage and ensuing harm. A Dallas accident caused by improper turns lawyer from our team can explain your legal options, rights, and potential strategies forward.
We also recommend keeping a detailed, thorough, and secure journal of your account and experiences relating to the accident. This helps preserve the accuracy of your testimony while boosting your mental health and recovery.
There are other ways our lawyer will be able to help you if we are able to take on your case, including:
- Photographing and preserving frail field evidence
- Ensuring your police report is filed and accurate
- Curating witness testimony
- Verifying your full health records’ accuracy
- Helping you manage your health, specialist, and therapist appointments
- Filling relevant paperwork with insurance companies
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary
- Case strategy development and execution
We are prepared to take a case to jury trial, if necessary, but do not typically do so. Most cases settle outside of court for a sum both sides mutually agree on.
Contact our Dallas Improper Turns Accident Attorneys today
Roadway Liability in Texas
Roadway liability is slightly more complex in Texas than in most states, and a member of our team can help you with this complexity.
Drivers can share fault for an injury. However, drivers cannot collect any damages if they are more than 50% at fault for a collision. If one driver was clearly at fault for driving erratically or making an improper turn and hitting you, there are still ways that your settlement could decrease if you are found to be at fault in any way. This may occur for reasons such as:
- You were speeding while the accident occurred.
- You were also making an improper turn.
- Another driver lies or tells a dishonest story.
- You had defective vehicle lights.
- You forgot to flip on headlights during designated hours.
Due to one of these or similar reasons, many drivers do not receive the full sum of their potential damages. A Dallas accident caused by improper turns lawyer from our team may be able to help you avoid losing part of your settlement amount due to one of these above legal risks. Our team is experienced with Texas law and knows which local statutes to cite to make an argument in your favor.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Negotiate a Fair and Appropriate Financial Settlement
Texas has laws in place to help car accident victims recover damages from negligent drivers. One of these laws determines how much time you have to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Before the allotted time expires, our law firm can work hard to settle your case without the time, expense, and uncertainty of a trial. To foster a favorable settlement, we will:
- Calculate the financial value of treating your injuries
- Calculate the costs that stem from your injuries
- Document all car accident-related damages
- Prepare and submit a settlement demand letter
- Field each settlement offer you receive
We will also handle the back-and-forth negotiation process and all other communication with the insurance company representative. If your case cannot be resolved with a fair and appropriate settlement, we can prepare your evidence for the trial process.
To ensure your case can go to trial, we make sure Texas’ statute of limitations is correctly interpreted and your lawsuit is filed on time.
See Why Previous Car Accident Clients Encourage You to Call In the Strong Arm
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our car accident team is passionate about helping injured clients recover from the financial aftermath of a collision. When they share their experience with our law firm, previous clients say the following:
- “Adrian Baca got the ball rolling as soon as he took over my case. He returned my calls promptly and always had a professional attitude and demeanor. Within the month he took over I received my check and got me way more than the original quoted amount.” Sylvia Trevino
- “Brett was outstanding in fighting for me during my case for a wreck I was involved in. I received the max payout from the insurance company…What stood out to me [was] how understanding, helpful, patient, and responsive Myra was…I highly recommend this firm…Thank you, again, guys.: Ambrasha Mask
Browse our Google reviews page to see additional testimonials and recommendations from clients who turned to our law firm for help.
It Costs Nothing to Get Our Personal Injury Law Firm on Your Side
On your own, preparing an effective lawsuit can be a time-consuming and costly undertaking. You do not have to fight alone or delay building your case when you trust us to help you seek compensation.
Our firm can take your case on a contingency-fee basis. When you turn to Loncar Lyon Jenkins for support in your pursuit of compensation, we will do all of the following at no upfront cost to you:
- Review the details and merits of your case
- Cover the costs of all court and filing fees
- Hire expert consultants and witnesses
We review the details of our contingency fee agreement right from the start and explain its many benefits. We also make sure you understand the percentage of your financial award we accept as compensation. Our firm does not receive any compensation at all until we recover it for you, first.
Contact Our Office Today, as Texas Law Limits Your Time to Act
Texas law caps injury liability at two years. Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, individuals have only twenty-four months in which to file a personal injury lawsuit. After that amount of time has elapsed, courts will not hear a case for injury.
A member of our team can explain what other factors limit your window of opportunity to pursue the full legal potential of your case. We will also explain any factors that may alter the statute of limitations.
Call one of our Loncar Lyon Jenkins team members today to get started with a complimentary consultation.