If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an improper lane change accident, Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you seek fair compensation from the at-fault party. Our Galveston car accident lawyers can work to prove another party’s negligent actions caused your collision and fight to hold them financially accountable.
You do not have to fight for economic justice alone. You can call in the Strong Arm. A Galveston improper lane change accident lawyer from our team can take care of every detail of your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, leaving you free to focus on healing or caring for your injured family member.
Our Galveston Lane Change Accident Lawyers Can Help You Seek Fair Compensation for Your Crash-Related Losses
Our personal injury lawyers serving Galveston, TX can gather evidence to help you prove another party improperly changed lanes and is financially responsible for your car accident injuries and crash-related losses.
In general, we can pursue compensation for the following with an auto liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical treatment, including emergency transportation, emergency department care, medical procedures, hospital stays, doctor visits, rehabilitation services, medications, medical devices and equipment, and long-term nursing
- Lost income, including back pay and employment benefits
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from returning to your previous job
- Personal property damages, including vehicle repair costs or your car’s fair market value if it was a total loss
- Pain and suffering, including monetary awards for physical and chronic pain, permanent and disabling injuries, depression, emotional distress, anxiety, lost life enjoyment, and reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including medical bills, funeral and burial costs, loss of the deceased’s income and services, and survivors’ mental pain and anguish
We Will Fight for Every Cent Owed to You or Your Loved One
Every year, our personal injury law firm assists thousands of injured clients across Texas with recovering the compensation they deserve. Our Galveston improper lane change attorneys can use their skills and case knowledge to seek the monetary resources you need to get your life back on track without jeopardizing your financial stability or economic future.
Our Galveston lane change accident lawyers will use bills, receipts, invoices, and other proof of your out-of-pocket expenses to calculate every cent the responsible party owes you. We can also work with medical professionals and other subject matter experts to understand your ongoing medical expenses and value your non-economic damages.
We help personal injury victims and their families with various types of motor vehicle collisions, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Filing a Lane Change Accident Lawsuit In Texas
Most car accident cases in Texas begin with an insurance claim. However, if you cannot secure a fair settlement, you can file a lawsuit. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in civil court. The clock on the statute of limitations usually starts running when an accident occurs.
We Can Help You Start Your Claim Immediately
If your deadline to sue expires, the court will likely refuse your case. In addition, it will decrease your insurance bargaining power and could lead to a lowball settlement or denied claim. Our Galveston personal injury lawyers can help you avoid this by starting work on your claim as soon as you reach out. We can:
- Begin an investigation immediately, allowing us to collect physical evidence before it gets lost or deteriorates
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses before their memories fade
- Establish a timeline for your accident and injuries so that insurers or opposing counsel cannot allege you were not hurt in the crash
Do not let the cost of legal representation prevent you from taking action. Our personal injury attorneys serving Galveston can take your case on contingency, meaning you pay no upfront or out-of-pocket attorney fees. We only get paid if and when we win your case.
Our Galveston Lawyers Will Aim to Prove a Negligent Driver Is Liable for Your Car Crash
Texas Transportation Code § 545.060 states that drivers are legally obligated to keep their vehicles in the proper lane, ensure safe lane changes, and allow a safe distance when passing. Therefore, if an at-fault party performed an improper lane change, you can fight to hold them liable for your injuries and damages.
However, proving an unsafe lane change occurred can sometimes be complex. For example, in certain scenarios, the responsible driver may not have been involved in the crash. Perhaps their actions forced you to make a defensive driving maneuver, causing you to run into a third party.
Our Galveston auto accident attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation of your case. We can obtain the following evidence, apply it under the law, and use it to construct a solid narrative establishing your right to compensation:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Dashcam, surveillance, or cell phone video of the crash
- Eyewitness accounts
- Accident reconstruction reports
- Expert testimony
- Tire marks, crash debris, photographs, and other data from the accident scene
- Photographs of your injuries and vehicle damages
Negligent Actions That Can Cause a Lane Change Accident
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), over 7,000 traffic accidents occurred in Galveston County in 2022. These collisions caused over 1,000 injuries and 50 fatalities. Drivers may be more likely to make an unsafe lane change or commit a negligent or wrongful act behind the wheel when engaging in:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Texting and driving
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins for Help With Your Lane Change Motor Vehicle Accident
A Galveston improper lane change accident lawyer from our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you fight for fair financial compensation for your personal injury damages.
Contact us to schedule a risk-free, no-cost consultation. We have eight offices conveniently located across Texas. We can meet with you virtually if you cannot meet us in person. Connect with an attorney near you today!