If a negligent driver injured you in a wrong-way accident, you could hold them financially liable. A Galveston car accident lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you build a case against the at-fault party and fight for the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
When you call in the Strong Arm, you get the knowledge and experience of a full-service law firm behind your personal injury claim or lawsuit. Our Galveston wrong way accident lawyer will stand by you through every step of your case, acting to protect your legal rights and safeguard your financial future.
Our Galveston Attorneys Can Seek Wrong Way Accident Damages
A serious car wreck can affect your health and finances. You may face mounting medical bills, be unable to work, and experience physical, emotional, and mental suffering.
Our personal injury attorneys serving Galveston, TX, can file an insurance claim or lawsuit and fight to recover your wrong-way accident losses so you and your family do not suffer economic hardship from a crash you did not cause. Compensation may include the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages, benefits, and earnings
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
We Help Families Who Have Lost a Loved One
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a wrong-way car accident, our Galveston wrongful death attorneys could help surviving family members seek compensation. We can recover damages your loved one could have sought had they lived. In addition, we can pursue awards for survivors’ mental anguish and the loss of the deceased’s services, support, companionship, and income.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Auto Accident Lawyers Will Establish Your Right to Financial Compensation
Driving in the wrong direction down a one-lane road, two-lane street, or divided highway is a traffic violation. Therefore, anyone injuring another party while going the wrong way is likely responsible for the crash.
However, getting complete and fair compensation for your wrong-way accident will take work. You must still establish liability, prove you suffered economic and noneconomic damages, and negotiate an adequate settlement. These tasks can be challenging, especially while coping with a significant injury. So, let our Galveston wrong-way accident lawyers take this burden off your shoulders.
We Will Identify the Cause of Your Collision
You know your crash happened because a driver traveled the wrong way. However, we will investigate your accident and discover why the motorist who hit you was going the wrong way. Examples of negligent behavior that could lead to a wrong-way accident include the following:
- Distracted driving (e.g., texting and driving, eating, grooming, or fiddling with vehicle controls)
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
- Improper turns
- Improper lane changes
We Will Collect Case Evidence
Our firm has experience with personal injury cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, semi-truck collisions, and motorcycle crashes. We know what it takes to build a solid claim or lawsuit, and we will put in the necessary work to investigate your wreck thoroughly and back your case with evidence. We can:
- Obtain a copy of your accident report.
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses.
- Visit the crash site to gather photographs, debris, and available physical evidence.
- Track down surveillance, dashcam, or cellphone footage of the accident.
- Hire and consult crash reconstructionists and other subject matter experts when necessary.
- Gather your medical records and work with healthcare professionals to understand your pain and suffering and estimate your ongoing medical costs.
- Collect receipts, paystubs, bills, and invoices to prove your monetary losses.
We Will Aggressively Advocate for You
Insurance is a business, and adjusters will look to increase their company’s bottom line by keeping settlements low. So, even when their client is clearly at fault, insurance agents may drag their feet when deciding to compensate you fairly.
Our car accident attorneys serving Galveston will manage all case-related communications. We can:
- Handle phone calls, emails, and meetings.
- Negotiate for the maximum compensation possible.
- Review offers and reject lowball settlements.
- Protect you from undue pressure or bad faith tactics.
- Prepare your case for trial and represent you in court if necessary.
What Is the Car Accident Statute of Limitations in Galveston, TX?
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 allows two years from the accident to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you do not pursue your case before the statute of limitations runs out, the court will likely dismiss your suit—even if you have a compelling case proving negligence. Waiting until the deadline passes will also reduce your bargaining power with the insurance company.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Wrong Way Accidents Can Cause Severe and Catastrophic Injuries
Wrong-way accidents often are head-on collisions. This type of crash can be especially hazardous because it involves the direct impact of two vehicles in motion.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, over 3,000 crashes in 2022 involved a driver approaching from the wrong side or going the wrong way on a one-way road, including 81 fatal crashes.
Our law firm assists accident victims in Galveston with severe and catastrophic injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of hearing, speech, or vision
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins About Your Wrong Way Car Accident
The aftermath of a car accident can be scary and confusing, but you do not have to go it alone. Our compassionate and experienced attorneys serving Galveston can handle every detail of your wrong-way accident claim or lawsuit.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to help you get started. We take cases on contingency, meaning we only collect attorney fees if we win your case. Thus, you have nothing to lose in discussing your case with us.