Traffic signals ensure traffic flow is kept orderly and safe for drivers, passengers, and pedestrians on the road. When drivers fail to adhere to these signals, such as in the case of running a stop signal, an accident may occur. Our Houston lawyer can help you recover compensation for any injuries or other losses you suffered in such an accident.
If you were in an accident that was caused by the driver of a vehicle who ran a stop sign, the law firm of Loncar Lyon Jenkins can tell you more about your potential case. Our Houston car accident lawyer may be able to provide assistance by helping you file a claim for the expenses you have incurred.
You Can Get Compensation Injuries Caused by Running a Stop Sign
Accidents caused by running a stop signal can be immensely dangerous. If you were involved in such a collision, it is important to undergo a medical examination if you have not had one already. In many cases, injuries are not immediately apparent after a crash, leading people to believe they have not been hurt. However, as time passes, it may become clear that injuries were sustained.
Injuries can have long-term physical, mental, and financial implications for victims. Among the injuries you could have suffered after your car accident are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spine injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Bone fractures
These and other injuries could cost a great deal to treat, entitling you to compensation for medical care. They can also lead to a wide range of non-economic, or physical and emotional, damages, such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental illness
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent or temporary disability
You can pursue compensation for all of these losses and more. You can also sue for any property damage you sustained, including damage to your car. Our personal injury lawyer would be glad to assist you with this.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Our Houston Car Accident Lawyer May Help
While it is not mandatory to hire an auto accident attorney to help with your claim, there are numerous benefits to doing so. A Houston personal injury lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help with your case in a multitude of ways, among them the tasks listed below:
- We can assess your case to determine how we can file an accident claim for compensation against the responsible party. Our team can also help determine what types of awards you may be able to collect.
- We can build a case by collecting evidence and the appropriate documentation to ensure your injuries, losses, and expenses are correctly presented. This includes requesting copies of the police report, your medical records, and any photos or video footage taken at the accident scene.
- Our team can save you from having to take on this massive endeavor alone. Although you can file a claim on your own, it is very difficult and time-consuming. Working with our auto accident attorneys ensures your time is spent on managing your recovery and getting your life back in order. Meanwhile, we take care of all the legal and technical aspects.
- We can provide representation without charging fees upfront. If you are worried that you may not be able to afford a lawyer, it should be reassuring to know that, when you work with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you pay nothing unless we secure a settlement for you.
Our legal counsel can guide you through the process of seeking compensation after a devastating personal injury. Alternately, if you are the close relative of someone who passed away due to catastrophic injuries incurred when a negligent driver ran a stop sign, we can file a wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf.
Houston’s Statute of Limitations for Auto Accident Injury
If you were injured in an accident caused by a driver who ran a stop signal and you plan on filing a claim, be aware that there is a time limit on when you can seek this compensation in Houston, Texas.
The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is two years under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. This means that, if your claim is not settled out of court and it becomes necessary to take your case to trial, you have a period of only two years from the date of the accident to do so.
To protect your rights after a traffic crash, we encourage you to get in touch with Loncar Lyon Jenkins soon after you receive medical attention.
The Dangers of Accidents Caused by Running a Stop Sign
Running a stop signal can result in major accidents. Many drivers have accidentally run a red light or a stop sign at some point, whether due to:
- Being in a hurry and rushing
- Driving aggressively or while angry (that is, road rage)
- Driving distracted
- Drunk driving
These types of infractions become even more dangerous when the driver is speeding at the time of the incident. Running a stop sign combined with excess speed and reckless driving can result in major accidents in which serious injuries and death can occur.
The Dangers of Intersections With Stop Signals
Accidents in intersections are very common. Per the Federal Highway Administration (FHA), over half of all injury and fatal crashes in the United States happen around intersections. This is because:
- Traffic from multiple directions converges at intersections
- There are more opportunities for drivers to become confused about traffic signs and who has the right of way
- Drivers may become impatient or frustrated with having to wait for their turn to navigate an intersection, especially during busy times
Running a stop sign at any speed is never a simple, harmless act. Unfortunately, not everyone sees it that way, and there are many reasons drivers fail to fully halt at stop signals. Among these are:
- The driver fails to see the stop sign
- The driver is unsure of where to stop
- The driver assumes the intersection is clear and proceeds without stopping
- The driver slows down and rolls through the intersection without coming to a complete stop
unning a Stop Sign Is Not Acceptable
Regardless of the driver’s reasons for not stopping at the intersection, they have broken the law. You deserve the chance to use the legal system to your advantage and hold the at-fault party to account.
If you were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, it may be helpful to discuss your case with a legal professional from Loncar Lyon Jenkins. Having your case evaluated may provide insight into your situation. Our personal injury attorneys can tell you:
- What your options are
- What the potential of your claim may be
- What you can expect if you do file a claim
A Houston running a stop signal accident lawyer from our law firm may be able to help hold the responsible party accountable for their actions. The sooner you reach out to tell us about your traffic accident, the sooner we can file your personal injury claim or lawsuit.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Contact Our Running a Stop Signal Accident Lawyer Today
After an accident that resulted in injuries, you can consider working with our Houston running a stop signal accident lawyer. Do not let an insurance company try to force you to accept a low settlement. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins; we can fight hard on your behalf.
Contact us today to speak to a member of our professional legal team. We can help you learn more about the potential of your case and how we can assist you in pursuing the compensation you deserve.