Traffic signals ensure traffic flow is kept orderly and safe for drivers, passengers, and pedestrians on the road. When drivers fail to adhere to these signals, such as in the case of running a stop sign, accidents often occur. This can result in serious injuries and even death for those hit by the driver who causes the accident.
If you were in an accident that was caused by the driver of a vehicle who ran a stop sign, you might be interested in learning more about your potential case in regards to filing a claim and pursuing compensation for your losses and injuries. A Houston running a stop signal accident lawyer may be able to provide assistance by helping you file a claim to help with the expenses you have incurred.
To learn more about the possible options available, the potential of your case, and what kinds of compensation you may be entitled to, contact the legal team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (800) 777-7777.
The Dangers of Accidents Caused by Running a Stop Sign
Whether due to being in a hurry and rushing, driving impatiently, or driving distracted, running a stop signal can result in major accidents. Many drivers have accidentally run a red light or a stop sign at some point.
However, what makes these types of infractions more dangerous is when the driver is speeding at the time of running through the signal. Running a stop sign combined with excess speed and reckless driving can result in dangerous accidents, in which serious injuries and death can occur.
In the event a driver runs a stop signal, causing a collision is highly possible, and in the process, injuries may occur. Accidents in intersections are very common. In the United States, one-third of all accidents that happen in intersections occur at stop signs (Federal Highway Administration).
Additionally, 40% of all fatal car accidents happen at intersections regulated by stop signs. This demonstrates the danger of what may seem to be a simple, negligent act of just running a stop sign. There are many reasons drivers fail to fully halt at stop signals.
Among these are:
- The driver fails to see the stop sign
- The driver is unsure of where to stop
- The driver assumes the intersection is clear and proceeds without stopping
- The driver slows down and rolls through the intersection without coming to a complete stop
Regardless of the driver’s reasons for not stopping at the intersection, however, if you were injured as a result of their negligence, it may be helpful to discuss your case with a legal professional. Having your case evaluated may provide insight into your situation. You may be able to find out what your options are, what the potential of your claim may be, and what you can expect if you do file a claim.
A Houston running a stop signal accident lawyer may be able to help hold the responsible party accountable for their actions. Reach out to the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to learn more by dialing (800) 777-7777.
Types of Injuries You May Have Suffered in a Car Crash
Accidents caused by running a stop signal can be immensely dangerous. If you were involved in such a collision, it is very important to undergo a medical examination if you have not had one. In many cases, injuries are not immediately apparent after a crash, leading people to believe they have not been hurt. However, as time passes, it becomes clear that injuries were sustained.
Among the injuries you could have suffered after your car accident are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spine injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Bone fractures
For a free legal consultation with a running a stop signal accidents lawyer serving Houston, call 800-777-7777
How a Houston Car Accident Lawyer May Help
While it is not mandatory to hire an attorney to help with your claim, there are numerous benefits. A car accident lawyer can help with your case in a multitude of ways, among them are listed below:
- We can assess your case to determine if it is possible to file a claim for compensation against the responsible party. A lawyer can also help determine what types of awards you may be able to collect.
- We can build a case by collecting evidence and the appropriate documentation to ensure your injuries, losses, and expenses are rightfully presented.
- Your representative can save you from having to take on this massive endeavor on your own. Although you can file a claim on your own, it is very difficult and time-consuming. Working with a lawyer ensures your time is spent on managing your recovery and getting your life back in order while they take care of all the legal and technical aspects.
- We can provide representation without charging fees upfront. If it concerns you that you may not be able to afford a lawyer, it should be reassuring to know that when you work with the lawyers of Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you pay nothing unless we secure a settlement for you.
Texas’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury
If you were injured in an accident due to a driver who ran a stop signal and you intend on filing a claim, be aware that in Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is two years under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. This means that if your claim is not settled, and it becomes necessary to take your case to trial, you have a period of only two years from the date of the accident to do so.
Houston Running a Stop Signal Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
After an accident that resulted in injuries, it may be helpful to work with a Houston running a stop signal accident lawyer. Don’t let an insurance company try to force a low settlement. Call in the Strong Arm of Loncar Lyon Jenkins; we will fight hard on your behalf.
Contact us at (800) 777-7777 to speak to a member of our professional legal team. We can help you learn more about the potential of your case and how we can assist you in pursuing the compensation you deserve.