If you or a loved one was in a car accident in Carrollton, you may receive coverage for all accident-related losses, including medical care, lost income, and other damages.
A Carrollton car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins will fight for the compensation you deserve. Call in the Strong Arm to pursue justice for you.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Carrollton
Those who suffer injuries or lose a loved one in a car accident in Carrollton should:
- Seek medical attention: No matter how minor your car accident may seem, go to a walk-in clinic, emergency room, or your doctor as soon as possible. If you have injuries, your medical visit should uncover them. Your medical care can also establish that your injuries are accident-related.
- Refrain from saying anything on (or off) the record: Your words can be held against you after an accident. Even saying “I’m sorry” to another person involved in your accident could harm your case. It is best not to say anything to anyone involved in your case, whether that is an insurance company, fellow motorist, or attorney other than your own.
- Hire an attorney: Once you hire an attorney, they will handle your case. They will advise you on what to say and handle as much of your case as possible.
Hiring an attorney from Loncar Lyon Jenkins removes the complications from your car accident. Our team will explain what you need to do moving forward in simple terms. You may need to do very little as we seek compensation for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call 877-239-4878
How Loncar Lyon Jenkins Will Help with Your Car Accident Case
Our firm’s Carrollton car accident lawyers do everything our clients’ cases require of them. We represent thousands of clients each year, and we’re well versed in:
Investigating Car Accidents
Our attorneys and investigators determine precisely why a car accident happened. We may visit the scene of your accident (time permitting) and take other steps like:
- Reviewing any footage that shows your accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Obtaining the police report from your accident
- Photographing damage to your vehicle, which could indicate who is at fault for the collision
- Hiring an expert to reconstruct your accident.
Collecting and Safeguarding Evidence
As part of the investigative process, we will obtain any evidence we can use in your case. Such evidence may include:
- Dashcam footage
- Traffic camera video
- Security video that captures your collision
- Witness accounts
- Photographs of the accident scene
We will keep all evidence safe and organized until your case is complete.
Calculating Clients’ Losses
Our firm will determine the monetary value of each of your losses. You should receive compensation for all losses from your accident, including those that may occur in the future. The value of your losses will help us determine an appropriate settlement.
Identifying Liable Parties
Liable parties are those who are responsible for your damages. In car accidents, liable parties can include:
- A motorist
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer
- A pedestrian
- A municipality
- A liable motorist’s employer
We may identify multiple parties who owe you compensation for your losses.
Your attorney from our firm will work to secure a settlement. Settlements are common resolutions in car accident cases. A settlement can provide the compensation you deserve without requiring a trial.
While most cases do not go to trial, Loncar Lyon Jenkins is always prepared for court.
Carrollton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Recoverable Damages in a Carrollton Car Accident Case
No two car accidents in Carrollton are the same. Our team will need to review your case to determine what your losses have cost you. There are many common losses in car accident cases, including:
- Professional damages: Injured car accident victims may be unable to work, either permanently or temporarily. We’ll seek coverage for all of your professional damages, including lost wages, lost earning power, lost bonuses, and diminished productivity.
- Pain and suffering and lost quality of life: The physical pain, emotional anguish, and psychological trauma you experience will be part of your lawsuit. These are collectively known as “pain and suffering,” and they reduce your quality of life.
- Treatment for pain and suffering: Necessary counseling, medications, and other treatments may entitle you to financial coverage.
- Property damage: Whether you need to replace or repair your car, liable parties may cover the costs.
In serious injury cases, you may need medical equipment, a disability-friendly vehicle, rehabilitation, and other services. We’ll consider any such losses in your case for compensation.
Contact our Carrollton Car Accident Attorneys today
Our Law Firm Will Answer Any Questions You Have After a Car Accident
Our firm fields many questions from car accident victims in Carrollton, including:
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
We generally advise that you hire a lawyer after a car accident or at least complete a free consultation. Even if you believe your accident was minor, collisions can be more serious than they first seem. By hiring an attorney, you will protect your rights and be able to focus on your recovery.
What Should I Look for in a Car Accident Lawyer?
You may generally seek a car accident lawyer who:
- Has experience winning car accident cases
- Has the backing of a law firm with ample resources
- Makes you feel prioritized
- Answers your questions in an honest, straightforward manner
- Is available when you need them
The Carrollton car accident attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins fit these criteria.
Is There a Time Limit on My Car Accident Case?
There could be. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally allows you to file a car accident lawsuit within two years of your collision. If you lost a loved one in a car accident, you generally have the same amount of time to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Our firm is aware of all deadlines in car accident cases. We will show urgency in filing your case as quickly as possible without sacrificing accuracy.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Loncar Lyon Jenkins Help You with Your Car Accident Case
You pay no upfront fee to hire our firm, and we’ll handle every step of the case. A Carrollton car accident lawyer from our team will be your strongest advocate. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to complete your free consultation.