When you’re driving, the last thing you expect is an accident. Left-turn accidents can happen in the blink of an eye and create lasting injuries that affect you and your family for years. A Texas left-turn car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you sort out the details, get compensation for your injuries, and move forward with your life.
A report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states that left-turn accidents can result from the following:
- Driver making an incorrect assumption about another driver’s actions
- Turning with an obstructed view of the intersection
- Misjudgment of oncoming vehicle speed
No matter what circumstances contributed to your left-turn accident, the personal injury team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins is ready to help.
Compensation Available After a Texas Left Turn Car Accident
When you seek compensation after any accident, the amount you receive depends on the accident’s circumstances. Some recoverable losses we can seek for you include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulances service
- Emergency room treatment
- Surgical procedures
- Diagnostic testing
- Follow-up care
- Doctor appointments
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Temporary or permanent disability
If a left-turn accident results in an unexpected death, our car accident team will fight to help your family receive compensation to help cover the following expenses:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost wages
- Final medical costs for life-saving attempts
You may have more recoverable costs than those mentioned. Discussing the matter with an attorney familiar with left-turn car accidents can be helpful to ensure that you and your family receive all the compensation you deserve.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Our Texas Left Turn Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
When you contract with our left-turn accident attorney, we handle all the details for you and your family. This means you can concentrate on the critical task of healing from your injuries. Some of the many things we accomplish include:
- Obtaining the police report
- Investigating the accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Collecting evidence to support your case
- Collecting and organizing your medical information
- Obtaining your previous wage statements
- Putting a valuation on your injuries and losses
- Coordinating and negotiating with insurance companies
- Compiling documentation for a lawsuit
- Completing and filing all paperwork on time
- Representing you in meetings and court proceedings
Our team will keep you up to date on your case’s status with an open line of communication. We will answer your questions and explain what compensation you might receive.
Things You Can Do to Help Before Contacting a Lawyer
After a car accident, you may experience confusion or frustration. When you prepare to meet with our car accident team, we recommend doing the following:
- Write down an account of the accident as soon as possible.
- Keep a journal for medical procedures, appointments, and treatment plans.
- Maintain all insurance information, bills, and statements.
- Make sure that you have the contact information for your primary doctor.
- Bring contact information for witnesses, the other driver, and any passengers.
- Take and forward photos of the accident, your injuries, and vehicle damage.
Those are the basics. When you have your initial consultation, our representative may make additional suggestions to improve your case.
The Dangers of Left Turn Car Accidents in Texas
Left-turn accidents can create catastrophic accidents. The reasons that make this maneuver dangerous include the following:
- An inexperienced driver
- A driver’s limited cognitive or physical ability
- Lack of confidence
- The turn requires crossing more than one traffic lane
- An obstructed line of vision
- Lack of traffic signaling devices
Left turns are one of the most challenging driving skills to master, and even experienced drivers can get hung up on a tricky intersection. It isn’t also the person making the turn at fault. Some other factors may result in a vehicle passing on the cross street colliding with a driver making a legal left turn, including:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drugs or alcohol use
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
Whatever caused your left turn accident, if you are not at fault, you could be eligible for compensation for your injuries. The rules for making proper left turns are codified within Texas Transportation Code § 545.152.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Using Facts to Support Your Case for Damages
As we investigate your accident, our team will evaluate all the available information, sort out the facts, and present your case. We will show fault by demonstrating the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Each driver must obey traffic rules (duty of care). If a driver does something illegal (breach of duty) and causes an accident (causation), it results in injuries (damages) and property damage. Using facts, we can demonstrate these elements to build a strong case for you.
You Can Afford the Services of a Texas Left Turn Car Accident Lawyer
Our personal injury team offers a free case evaluation. This simple gift allows you to relate your account of an accident and receive an honest response about what compensation you can receive and options for moving forward.
After your initial interview, if you partner with our firm, we will work on your claim on a contingency fee basis. That means we take care of filing fees and initial expenses, so you have zero out-of-pocket expenses upfront. We will collect our fees and reimbursement once we have settled your case or successfully won a judgment for you in civil court.
Don’t Delay — The Clock on Your Texas Left Turn Car Accident Case Is Already Ticking
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, injured persons have only two years from the date of an injury to file a lawsuit for compensation. The two-year period includes cases of wrongful death caused by a vehicle accident.
When you partner with our car accident team, we handle the details to ensure that we meet all deadlines for filing. Once we review your case, we will let you know what dates apply and always advise you of your case status.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Fights With a Strong Arm
Left-turn accidents can create devastating consequences. You don’t need to suffer alone. A Texas left-turn car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins will stay by your side and fight to get you compensation. Contact our team to get started.