When you visit a health care facility, you expect the medical professionals inside to correctly diagnose your illness or perform treatments. While errors can happen in the medical field, sometimes the medical professional could have prevented an error if they hadn’t acted negligently. If you sustained harm because of a medical professional’s negligence, you could file a claim against them to seek compensation.
The Texas medical malpractice lawyers from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you. Our personal injury legal team has led numerous medical malpractice cases and knows how to resolve them. We can fight for you and prove you deserve the compensation you need. You can call us today for a free consultation.
How Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Texas Help Clients Pursue Their Cases
When we represent a client in a medical malpractice case, our attorneys get to work immediately. We understand Texas law allows only injury victims two years before the deadline to file a lawsuit against the liable party ends. Therefore, we must start working quickly to ensure we have enough time to properly investigate and build a strong case. Steps we can take to help prove you deserve compensation include:
- Investigate the incident that injured you
- Gather and review evidence to prove the medical professionals caused your injuries
- Identify all parties who could owe you compensation
- Determine the extent of your injuries and losses
- Identify how much compensation to seek and show that you deserve this compensation
- Negotiate with the opposing party for a favorable settlement
The more time we have to take these steps, the more time we will have to build the strongest compensation case we can for you. For this reason, we recommend seeking help from our Texas medical malpractice attorneys as soon as possible. Time-sensitive evidence can be easier to obtain after the incident.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Types of Compensation You Could Recover in a Medical Malpractice Case
The condition of your injuries can play a huge role in the types of compensation you could recover. For example, people with more severe injuries that require surgeries and long-term care could likely recover more compensation than someone with minor injuries.
In a medical malpractice case, we can help you fight to recover both your economic and non-economic damages. You could maximize your case’s value by including non-economic losses.
Economic Damages in a Medical Malpractice Case
Economic damages include any monetary losses you sustained because of your injuries. Examples of economic damages you could seek compensation for in a medical malpractice case include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Any extra out-of-pocket expenses you incurred
- Rehabilitation costs
To recover economic damages, we can provide evidence to prove you sustained these losses. Examples of evidence we could need to prove your economic losses include pay stubs, medical bills, and receipts for extra expenses.
Non-Economic Damages in a Medical Malpractice Case
Non-economic damages can compensate you for the non-monetary losses the medical malpractice incident caused. Since you didn’t lose money because of these losses, they have a more subjective value. Our medical malpractice attorneys in Texas have strategies we use to calculate the value of these damages.
Examples of non-economic damages you could seek compensation for in a medical malpractice case include:
- Enduring physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
Our attorneys can seek compensation for non-economic damages on your behalf. We can also collect evidence to prove them, such as expert witness testimony, your medical records, and other relevant documents.
If you lost a loved one to a fatal medical malpractice injury or illness, we are sorry for your loss. You and your family could take legal action against the medical professional responsible for your loved one’s care. Our Texas wrongful death attorneys could file a lawsuit to recover your loved one’s final medical expenses, funeral and burial expenses, lost income, and other related damages. We can tell you more during a free consultation.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Many situations could count as medical malpractice. To prove medical malpractice, our attorneys can prove the medical professional’s negligence caused your injuries. Many situations could count as medical malpractice. Our attorneys can prove the medical professional’s negligence caused your injuries. Examples of common situations that could result in you filing a medical malpractice claim include:
- Failure to diagnose
- Interpreting diagnostic testing results inaccurately
- Failing to review your patient records
- Failure to order the accurate diagnostic tests
- Performing a surgical error
- Birth injuries caused by the failure to properly monitor the mother or perform a C-section when needed
- Prescribing the wrong type or dosage of medication
You could have a medical malpractice claim if you sustained harm because of these issues.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Attorneys Have Helped Many Injured Clients Throughout Texas
Since 1988, we have represented thousands of clients in Texas in various cases. We can travel anywhere in the state to help with a medical malpractice claim. To learn more about how past clients feel about our law firm, read the following reviews:
- “From the initial consultation to the end of case process, the team helped me and understood the situation. They quickly assisted by resolving my case within a allowable timeframe. They kept me informed of every step in the process and grateful to them for winning my case. Thank you again for your help and everything you do.” – Dora Galvan-Contreras
- “Loncar Lyon Jenkins have done an outstanding job for me and my family. The service that was provided throughout my 2 ½ years was spectacular. They kept me very informed of the whole process and made sure I was getting the best medical treatment. They go above and beyond to get you the most for your case. Thanks for going the extra mile Connie Abel.” – Jonathan Rayos
Hearing about how we have helped past clients can help you feel more comfortable knowing that our firm delivers compassionate legal care to all our clients.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation – Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Texas Are Ready to Represent You
If you believe you sustained injuries because of a medical professional’s actions, you might be able to pursue a malpractice claim against them. Our attorneys can review the circumstances leading to your injuries to determine if you have a viable case. If so, we can start building a case against the medical professional or facility that caused your injuries.
Contact the Texas medical malpractice attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation. At no cost to you, you can find out if you want to move forward with our attorneys. When you choose us to take on your case, we can immediately start fighting for your justice.