When something inside or outside the vehicle distracts drivers, they cannot fully concentrate on the road, putting themselves, other drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists at risk. If a distracted driver injured you or someone you love, our Austin car accident lawyer will represent you and take on the insurance company. We will handle your case’s paperwork and communication and fight for the best possible outcome.
Leave all the details and legalities of your case to us. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we assess the value of your case, from your medical bills to your pain and suffering and more. Our Austin distracted driving car accident lawyer will focus on your financial recovery so you can focus on your physical recovery. Call us today for a free consultation.
Recoverable Damages in Your Austin, TX Distracted Driving Car Accident Case
When we accept your case, we explain the types of damages you can recover and the difference between “economic” and “non-economic” damages. Economic damages are quantifiable financial expenses or losses you incurred because of the accident. They include:
- Current and future medical costs
- Current and future lost income
- Reduced earning potential
- Personal property damage
Non-economic damages are intended to compensate you for the psychological, emotional, and physical challenges you had because of the accident. They include:
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In rare cases, punitive damages are available. If your case qualifies for these damages, our law firm will pursue them for you.
Wrongful Death Damages in an Austin, TX, Distracted Driving Case
Losing a loved one because of a driver’s negligent actions can create sudden financial havoc for your family. While nothing can atone for your family’s loss, our wrongful death attorney will help you recover appropriate financial compensation, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of financial input
- Loss of domestic contributions
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of guidance and support
We will assess your wrongful death damages and explain who can file a wrongful death action and who can benefit from its financial award. Call our legal team today for a free consultation.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
There Are Time Limits for Hiring an Austin Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
Our distracted driving lawyers serving Austin, TX will clarify the statute of limitations that affect your case. In general, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 gives you two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
If you do not file your lawsuit within the allotted time:
- The court could refuse to allow you to file it.
- The court could dismiss it without hearing it.
The negligent party’s insurance carrier could also refuse to negotiate further. Either of these outcomes could mean the financial burden of the accident will fall on you. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we work hard to help you accurately interpret the applicable filing deadline.
Types of Distracted Driving Victims Our Car Accident Lawyer Represents
As the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) notes, distractions that can lead to dangerous accidents include:
- Talking or texting on a cellphone
- Eating or drinking
- Personal grooming
- Other mirror use
- Use of a navigational device
- Reaching for objects
- Arguing or yelling with others
- People or objects outside the vehicle
- Adjusting the radio
This list is not exhaustive since various other distractions can occur. If your distracted driving caused your accident, our legal team will conduct a thorough investigation that proves the distraction that led to your accident.
Our DWI Car Accident Lawyer Accepts Austin Cases on a Contingency Fee Basis
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we offer contingency fee representation as we seek fair compensation for our clients. What that means for you is:
- It costs nothing out of your pocket to hire our law firm.
- We will cover all the costs of preparing your case.
- We can interview witnesses while their memories are fresh.
- Supporting evidence in your case can be preserved.
Our fee structure also means you do not have to wait to pursue the at-fault driver out of concern for the cost of hiring our personal injury lawyers. Legal representation from our firm is risk-free—if you do not receive a financial award, you will not owe us any fees for the legal action we take on your behalf.
We Will Document the Distraction That Led to Your Austin, TX Car Accident
Our investigative team will review your accident and document the negligence that led to it. We will prove:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care.
- Their distraction breached their duty.
- The accident would not have happened without their distraction .
- The accident had financial consequences that the at-fault or liable parties should compensate you for.
In addition to proving negligence, we also help you avoid taking actions that could potentially harm your case. This can include making verbal or written statements to the insurance provider or posting photos and narratives on social media outlets.
Our Distracted Driving Car Accident Lawyers Can Build Your Evidence File
The evidence in your Austin distracted driving case will tell the story of the accident and help our legal team establish the at-fault driver’s financial liability. To build your case file, we could collect evidence that proves negligence such as the following:
- Photos and videos of the accident scene, all involved vehicles, points of impact, and your injuries
- Medical records and bills, indicating the cause of your injuries and their current and anticipated costs
- Statements and testimony from lay witnesses at the accident scene and relevant expert witnesses
- Official records and reports, including your police report and accident reconstruction reports and diagrams
Our legal team will gather evidence and handle it for you and will even meet with you virtually to review evidence and other aspects of your case if you cannot come to our offices.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Get a Free Review of Your Austin, TX, Distracted Driving Car Accident Case
If you or someone you love was injured, or a loved one was fatally injured, by a distracted driver, our law firm will help you recover damages. An Austin distracted driving car accident lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins will deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
Call us today to learn how we can represent you and work to recover the financial recovery you are entitled to receive. We will seek the maximum compensation against the at-fault party because they, not you, should pay for the accident they caused. Our legal consultation team is standing by for your call.