If you have financial damages from a hit-and-run car accident in El Paso, TX, you have options for recovering your losses, and Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help. Our El Paso car accident attorneys can assist you with your auto insurance claim or take action against a liable party.
We understand that a hit-and-run collision can leave accident victims feeling helpless or uncertain about how to get justice, but you are not alone. Call in the Strong Arm and learn how our legal team can fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
We Will Seek Financial Recovery in an El Paso Hit-and-Run Accident While You Heal
By definition, hit-and-run drivers flee the scene of a car accident, so you may be unable to hold the at-fault party liable for causing your damages. However, our El Paso car accident attorneys can seek compensation through your auto insurance company. We could negotiate a fair settlement if you hold any of the following policies:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) protection. UM/UIM coverage pays if you suffer injuries or property damage in a crash with a driver without insurance or enough coverage to compensate for your losses. UM/UIM also applies to collisions hit-and-run motorists cause.
- Collision coverage. Your lender likely requires collision coverage if you still owe money on your vehicle. This protection pays for property damage after an accident, regardless of fault.
- Medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP). Medical payments cover medical bills for you and your passengers. PIP pays for medical treatment and compensates for a portion of your lost wages and other non-medical costs. All auto insurance policies in Texas include PIP unless you reject the coverage in writing. MedPay and PIP also apply if a driver hurts you while walking or riding a bike.
If an identifiable third party contributed to your crash, we may be able to hold them financially accountable. Negligent third parties may include a driver’s employer, a roadway or private property owner, a vehicle or auto parts manufacturer, or an involved driver who did not leave the scene.
Of course, if law enforcement locates the hit-and-run motorist, our personal injury attorneys can take action against them with a liability insurance claim or civil lawsuit.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
You Deserve to Recover Full Damages for an El Paso, TX, Motor Vehicle Collision
Every car accident case is different, so the awards you could recover will depend on several unique factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries and property damages
- The available insurance coverage
- Whether you can take legal action against a liable party
In general, our hit-and-run car accident lawyers serving El Paso, TX, can seek compensation for the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost income, earnings, and employment benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Our El Paso Hit-and-Run Car Accident Attorneys Will Work to Secure the Money You Are Due
It is often challenging to secure a full and fair insurance settlement, even with your insurance provider. Insurers often look for reasons to deny or reduce claims to improve the company’s bottom line. Our El Paso hit-and-run car accident lawyers can defend your right to compensation and work to maximize your awards. When you become our client, our legal team can:
- Prove a hit-and-run motorist caused the El Paso crash (i.e., protect you from allegations that you caused the collision)
- Investigate the accident to determine if there are liable third parties
- Collect case evidence, including police reports, medical records, eyewitness statements, and cell phone, surveillance, or dashcam video
- Identify and calculate your economic and non-economic damages
- Explore all your insurance options and draft and file your compensation claim
- Handle case-related texts, phone calls, meetings, and emails
- Lead negotiation talks for fair compensation on your behalf
- Push back against lowball settlement offers or bad-faith insurance tactics
- Pursue a lawsuit and represent you at trial if necessary
Leaving a crash scene is against the law in Texas and, therefore, negligent. If we uncover anything in our accident investigation that will help the police find the hit-and-run driver, we will cooperate with law enforcement. If we can locate the motorist who caused your injuries and losses, we will not hesitate to hold them accountable for their reckless and wrongful actions.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in El Paso?
You should notify your insurance company about your hit-and-run car accident as soon as it happens. If you must take legal action to get fair compensation, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 allows two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in civil court.
We can advise you on the timeline and deadline for your case. We encourage you to reach out to our law office as soon as possible. Two years go by quickly, and if you don’t file your case by the deadline, you likely will lose your right to sue the negligent driver and any other liable party.
Had a Hit-and-Run Car Accident in El Paso, TX? Here’s What to Do Next
You should take several steps after a hit-and-run vehicle collision to protect your car accident claim and health. In addition to contacting your insurance company, you should do the following:
- port your car accident to the police. You should call your local law enforcement agency and report your hit-and-run crash. The police will create an accident report that will be important evidence for your case. If you did not contact the police at the time of your collision, do so immediately.
- Seek medical treatment. If you were physically involved in the wreck, you should see your doctor if you have not already. Seeking treatment ensures you do not have an undiagnosed or worsening injury. It also creates a medical record for your claim. Follow your doctor’s orders, and do not miss future medical appointments.
- Consider hiring a personal injury attorney. You can contact our law firm to learn more about how we can guide you through the claims process and relieve your legal burden.
Call Us After an El Paso, TX, Hit-and-Run Car Accident Case – We Can Represent You
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation and learn more about how our El Paso hit-and-run car accident attorneys can help you seek financial justice.
We take cases on contingency, so you don’t pay us unless we obtain compensation for you. Connect with us for 24/7 legal help.